That Time Issy Climbed A Tree

So, I have a really good friend (let's call her Issy), and she was a total silly kid. Do you know the one kid in your class who was just weird and sorta crazy? that's Issy alright. She would randomly say words that have no connection to what we're doing in the classroom and my friends and I all loved it.

back to the story, Issy loved climbing trees at school. You could find her in that one huge nut tree we had on the other side of the school oval. She was so good at climbing she could get up the hardest tree to climb in about five seconds. I know that because I would time it with a stopwatch. But the catch was that the students could only climb trees with a bright yellow spraypaint ring around the top branch. The hardest tree to climb was one of those three trees with no yellow ring around it. But Issy didn't give two toots about that and climbed the tree anyway. And got into trouble. The teacher, (one of those really strict ones that always yell for no reason), went up to Issy and said to get down. Issy said no obviously. The 'get down from that tree or I'm counting to five' argument went on for a while until Issy climbed off the tree and stood in silence in front of the teacher.

"So, Issy, why can't you climb that tree?" Said the teacher, looking down at Issy, hard eyes bearing down at her. (Reminder, only trees with the yellow ring on them were the only trees you could climb, and the tree Issy was climbing was NOT a yellow ringed one). After no response, the teacher said something like this

"So, why doesn't this tree have a ring?" by this time I was surprised by how calm the teacher was. 

"It's single," Issy said, quite pokerfaced but just a ghost of a smirk on the edge of her mouth.

I laughed so hard my tummy hurt as hell.