I Totally Messed Up At Graduation

Ah, yes. Year six graduation to high school. (Unless you live in countries other than Aus). Filled with laughter, tears, joy, and sadness. Mostly sadness. And here's how I, a quite tall sixth grader messed up half of the graduation ceremony. Enjoy!

We were practicing how we were going to walk into the stadium for our graduation early in the morning at school. We held unlighted candles and walked up and down the short path to the auditorium for what seemed like ages until the teachers thought we perfected it. Back in the classroom after the walk, everyone was whining about how much their feet and hands hurt. 

"Ugh! My feet have blisters!"

"Why did we have to do this, we got it the right first time!"

"It's your fault!"

"Uuuggghhh"

That's all we heard after we went walking, the teachers must have hated every bit.

Once it came time for graduation, one of our teachers gave us the candles and lit them in our hands. We walked our way to the stadium, oh sorry, strutted our way to the stadium, and sat in our designated seats. Our school music teacher (who hates my guts) and the Japanese teacher were in front of the stage singing a song about forks in roads and wishing people well. That stuff. It was really sad, and some of the girls were sobbing and telling the other girls how sad they were. We were all called to put our candles on white wooden stands on each side of the stage by our principle of the school. 

"Jack Sherer"

"Molly Midori"

"Steve Quinn"

"Kate Ghan"

Until she called out my name. Guess what I did. I walked the wrong way. I walked all the way around the seats. Not in the middle like we practests. Not at all. All I heard was laughter from the parents and students. I was so embarrasssed!