Chapter 6

Jacob

     My family finally left and it was around 10:30, they called the night pretty early. They had work the next day and my niece had pre-school in the morning. I was pleasantly surprised at how everyone got along with Robert and seemed to like him. None of them minded that he was a guy, but I guess that sucks for me because now I don't have any excuse to not be with him. Robert and I were in comfortable silence while we were cleaning up. I didn't ask him to stay, he just did. My phone rang and I looked down and it was Ashley, crap. I kind of forgot we were still dating.  "Hey, Ashley," I said answering the phone. I saw Robert perk up and look over at me. I knew he would be able to hear everything she would say because of his hearing. "Hey, baby! How was dinner tonight?" She asked. I saw Robert tense when he heard her call me baby. "Dinner was good, you know the usual." I really wanted this conversation to end, but at the same time, I knew Robert was going to ask a lot of questions. "I mean I don't know, you've never had me over for dinner. Or met any of your family." She sighed and I stayed silent she was right but I knew she and I weren't mates and getting family involved would make it more complicated. 

     I looked over and saw Robert smirking at me. Yeah. He met my family before my girlfriend whoopie doo. "Well anyway, I was just calling because I missed you. We're still having dinner on Saturday? Right? I haven't seen you in a couple of weeks and it's our anniversary remember?" Ashley sighed, she sounded desperate for me to say yes. But I couldn't say yes, not in front of Robert. "I will call you back. It just depends on work. I'll call you later." I said and hung up before she could say I love you. I looked over at Robert and he looked as pissed off. "So you're still dating that girl. Thought you would have broken up with her." He said sitting down on the couch. I went and sat down on the one across from him. "This whole thing is weird okay. I am not gay, and yet somehow I have a guy mate. Who my entire family really likes and who I am starting to like too which is annoying. I just don't know what I'm doing." I ended my rant and sat back waiting for him to say something. 

     "Well, I can tell you what I know. I know that I love your family. I know that there is nowhere else I would rather be right now. Or ever. This whole being gay thing is new for me too, but I'm not mad about it at all. I want to spend time with you, and get to know you. I like you too...a lot. If you give me a chance I will give you the life you deserve. That's all I ask." Robert was staying me in my eyes and I could see the sincerity and the glimmer of hope in his eyes. I was scared honestly but I just felt so reassured and comfortable when I continued to look in his eyes. Before I could stop myself from the words that were coming out of my mouth I said "Okay". Robert sat there smiling at me and I smiled back. I couldn't help but look at him in awe, he was effortlessly attractive and had the best smile I have ever seen. 

     "Okay good. So then tomorrow call your girlfriend and let her know that you found your mate. And on Saturday I'm taking you on a date. Understand?" Robert said very forcefully and demanding, and it kind of turned me on? "Okay." "Good." We stayed there looking at each other for some time. "Well it's getting late and you have to get back to the castle and I have work tomorrow so..." I stood up and he stood up to. We walked to the door in silence and we just stood there looking at each other. I wanted him to do something. No, I needed him to do something. He started to close the gap between us and he of course still towered over me. "I love your hair. And your eyes. Your eyes are my favorite. I have a new favorite color. You are the perfect height. Have the most perfect body I've ever seen. Seriously I think about it every day what it would be like to finally mate with you." The intensity in his eyes as he looked down on me was too much to handle. I knew he meant every word he was saying to me. "One day." He finished his monologue and I guess it was my turn to say something.

     "Uhh...well...I Ummm." I couldn't think of anything to say, I bet I was blushing like crazy. "You are so cute when you blush." He grabbed my chin and lifted my head up even more than already before. He looked down at my lips and then into my eyes and then my lips again. I wanted him to kiss me. I sounded like a little girl but I needed him to, at least at this moment I did. I think he could tell that that's exactly what I wanted/needed. He leaned down and a piece of his air fell over his eyes. The closer he got the more my heart pounded and I was suddenly nervous, and I leaned into him too. Before I knew it our lips touched and it was -hate to say it- magic. The scruff he had on his face was just the right amount and it tickled but just enough. His lips were rough compared to my soft ones and just as quickly as it started, it ended. 

     He pulled away before it could even become an actual kiss. I opened my eyes again and saw him looking at me already. "Don't worry beautiful, there is more where that comes from." He said smiling at me. Normally if anyone were to call me beautiful I would tell them not to, but when he said it I loved it. "I will see you tomorrow at work...babe." He said winking at me. I smiled and then he slapped my butt on his way out my door. I waved bye and closed the front door and stood there a little longer rethinking about what just happened. I can't believe I'm actually falling for this guy.

*

*

*

*

*

*