Chapter 10

Jacob

      It has been two weeks since I have seen Robert which was the last time at my house. I hated him. The fact he played me, and lead me on. I trusted him, he is my mate. The one person I thought I could turn to, betrayed me and now what? Nothing. I was in my office looking through some files, we had the first game yesterday and everything leading up to that had just been stressful. I still hated the fact he played me, but I missed him I couldn't lie. Axel was going crazy in my head longing for his stupid mate. Which in turn made me want to call him and end this whole thing. I was so mad I called Ashley and we hooked up a couple of times, but I didn't finish. I had to pretend in order to make her feel better. Sometimes I just pretended that she was Robert but it never worked. I knew how gay sex worked and I knew I would be the bottom. So it just didn't feel right at all. 

      The days lagged, and my life felt lifeless without him. But I will never tell him that. There was a knock on my office door. I mumbled a come in without lifting my head up to see who it is. Suddenly his scent hit my nose and I immediately regretted everything. "I have this meeting brief for you from a meeting yesterday. It was during the game so I know you were busy." He set down a stack of papers and I inwardly groaned. His smell was overtaking my office and my wolf was starting to pace. I just nodded my head at him hoping he gets the idea that I want him to leave. Instead, he sat down across from me and waited for me to say something.

      I ignored him hoping that he would get the hint and yet still nothing. I grabbed the file and started looking through it. I realized that if I didn't say anything then he wouldn't leave. "What do you want?" I asked him. "To talk." I huffed at him. Couldn't he tell that I didn't by not answering any of his calls or texts? "About?" This paperwork is horrendous whoever did this needs to be fired. "I miss you. I shouldn't have treated you that way. You have to understand that I was scared and worried. Things were heating up and well...uh...I.." He started stuttering and I finally looked up at him. He was wearing a long-sleeve green shirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was down in waves and it looked good. "Well, what?" I said a little harshly, he wasn't expecting it I saw him jump a little. He was starting to blush like he was embarrassed? "I don't know anything about gay sex okay?" He yelled making me jump. "Seriously? that's your excuse?" I said turning making eye contact with him. "It's not an excuse I promise you. I was scared because I didn't know what I was doing. These past weeks I have been watching all types of gay porn." I started laughing my head off when he said that. Part of me still didn't want to trust him again, but him saying that made me forgive him just a little.

        Suddenly he sniffed the air and his eyes turned black and his fangs extended. I slept with Ashley last night, I showered though so I thought maybe the smell wouldn't be here anymore. "Who were you with last night?" He asked lowly, I started to get goosebumps all over my body. Stupid mate bond. "Why does it matter? My mate doesn't want me so I might as well go to someone who does." I shrugged my shoulders and started looking through the file again. Then he did something I never expected, he whimpered and sunk into the chair. Axel was clawing at my head to go over to him and apologize but I wasn't wrong. "It wouldn't have happened if my mate didn't reject me." I looked him dead in the eyes and all I saw was regret and sorrow. I have never seen a Lycan so broken before. 

      "I deserve that, after how I treated you, I deserve it. How many times?" He asked me. I don't know if I should tell him, or should I just say that was the only time? But I know if I lie then it could bite me later on. "Five." Truth it is. My heart broke when I saw his start to water. I could tell his Lycan was beating himself up for it but maybe I should have lightened the blow a little bit. His eyes started to water and my heart clenched in my chest. I had to resist the urge to run to him and have him rub his scent all over me. "I get it. I am going to make it up to you okay? I promise you." I stared into his hazel eyes and I could see how serious he was being. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of him winning me over again. This should be fun. "Okay." I looked back down at the paperwork and I started getting frustrated. "Do you know by chance who did this paperwork?" I asked Robert before he left my office. "Uh, I think it was Bryan...but um, I will call you later?" He said it like a question like he was waiting for me to give him permission. "Whatever." I leaned back in my chair being kind of dismissive toward him. 

       He sighed and walked out of the office. I was going to be hard to get this time. I won't be so open and easy like I was before, he was going to try and win me over and that is that. But now I have to go deal with Bryan and this crappy paperwork.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*