Chapter 20

Jacob

2 Weeks Later

        I was nervous out of my mind. Robert was currently holding my hand and Augusta was sitting down right next to me. The door opened and in walked the person that I dreaded the most, Dr. Oliver. "Hello, Doctor can you tell me what's wrong," I asked him and Robert squeezed my hand to comfort me. "My Papa has been throwing up, is he okay?" Augusta asked as she wiped her tears away. She has been so worried about me and it broke my heart. "Yes, he is going to be okay. Just a little morning sickness. It's a side effect." He said. "Side effect?" I asked him, I was extremely confused. "Well, you are pregnant." He said and my heart dropped to my stomach and I looked at Robert and his eyes were wide. "Delta Robert, you couldn't tell?" Dr. Oliver asked him. "I mean, I have been working and oh my gosh, I'm having another pup!" He yelled and there was this magnetic smile on his face. "Congratulations you two. Now that you know I am going to need you to start taking prenatal pills. And have your regular doctor appointments to check on your pup." Dr. Oliver said and smiled. 

       "What are we going to name our boy?" I asked Robert and he looked at me confused. "Boy? How do you know?" He asked putting his hand on my stomach. "It is known that mothers, or in this case, fathers know the sex of the baby before they are at the 4-5 month mark." Robert nodded in understanding. "Okay, I will see you again at the end of the month." He gave me the prescription and walked out of the room. "I'm gonna have a brother?" Augusta yelled. "Yes, you are. You are going to be a big sister!" She got off of Robert's lap and ran to mine and gave me a hug. "Can we name him max? Maxie? I like that name!" I actually liked the name Max, but more of a Maxwell, it's like she read my mind. "I like the name Maxwell, how about you Robert?" I asked him. "Yeah, Maxwell it is." 

      I was going to be a dad and have my baby. My heart swelled and my eyes started to water. "Love, what's wrong?" Robert came and sat on the hospital bed. "I'm just so happy! This is happening like I am so happy. I need to call my mom." I said looking for my phone. "No worries, I told them you were in the hospital and they are already here." He got up and opened the door and my mom and dad walked inside with worried faces. "Nonna!" Augusta yelled and went to her. They have bonded so much since Augusta came home with us two weeks ago. She loved my mom and my mom loved her. "Aye dolcezza! Are you okay?" My mom asked me as she picked up Augusta. "Mama I'm okay. I was just having morning sickness." I told her. "Oh. OHHH! You're Pregnant!?" She yelled and ran to me. "Oh yes yes yes!! I am going to be a nonna again!"  She came and hugged me and squeezed me. "My boy, congratulations." My dad said. "Thank you, dad." 

      "Boy or girl?" She asked me. "Boy, I can feel it. We are going to name him Maxwell." She smiled and it made my heart happy. I loved my mom and seeing her happy like this made me happy. "This is great love, but we need to get you home. You have a wedding tomorrow." Oh right, we are getting married tomorrow. "Oh right, we should get going," I said to Robert and I got up and grabbed my keys and my phone. Robert grabbed my hand and gave me a small smile. "We are getting married." Robert leaned over to me gave me a loving kiss on my forehead. "Alright come on, you can't see the groom before the wedding, let's go dolcezza. Piccolo, do you want to spend the night with me?" My mom asked Augusta and she gave a happy yay. I gave Robert one last kiss and the finally walked out of the room. I was getting married tomorrow and my heart was so happy.

******

       I was looking in the mirror and my heart was beating out of my chest. I was nervous, but I don't know why. I am going to marry the love of my life, what I have always wanted since I was young. Not only that, but I'm pregnant and am having a boy.  I was wearing a gray tuxedo and had a baby pink and white tie on. I had black dress shoes on and my hair was curly and I had just had it freshly cut. There was a knock at the door and my mom smiled at me and walked in. Bryan walked in right behind her too. He was the best man, of course. "Ohh look at you dolcezza! You are so handsome!" My mom came gave me a kiss on my cheek. "Are you nervous?" Bryan asked me. "Yeah, I am." My hands were shaking and I was starting to sweat. "I remember when I married your father, it was the most nerve-racking thing. I realized the reason I was nervous was that my dreams were coming true. Baby, your dreams are coming true." I started tearing up because she was right. This is what happiness felt like. "Now, it is time for you to walk the aisle, come on." I linked arms with her and Bryan gave me a pat on the back and walked out of the room.

       Some people may say we rushed the wedding, but I couldn't believe we didn't do it sooner. We made it to the huge double doors and I stood there waiting on my turn. Bryan started walking down the aisle and my heart started beating. it was almost my turn. "Papa! Hi! You look so handsome!" Augusta said and she ran to me. She was wearing a cute baby pink dress, that Robert and I picked out. "You look so pretty. You are going to steal the show." She smiled and blushed and gave me a huge smile. "Oh, it's my turn. I love you, papa!" She walked through the door and people immediately went aww. She started throwing the flower petals on the floor and again my heart fell to my stomach. "Your turn love." My mom smiled at me and the doors opened again and immediately my eyes started watering. 

       I made eye contact with Robert and immediately my heart jumped. He was wearing an all-black tuxedo and black dress shoes. His beautiful blonde hair was up in a slick man bun and he had grown his beard out, yes. Before I knew it I was right in front of him. "You are so beautiful." He eyes me up and down and licked his lips. "Thank you." He grabbed my hand and led me in front of the officiator. "You may be seated. We have gathered here today to witness the union between Robert Damian and Jacob Romano. The couple has provided their own vows. Jacob." He gave me a nod, signaling that it was my turn first. I grabbed the piece of paper from my tux jacket and took a deep breath. 

      "Robert, you came into my life so unexpectantly. It was supposed to be a normal day at work and yet I met a man who would change my life. Never in a million years did I think my mate was going to be a guy, a delta, royalty, or even a lycan. But I wouldn't change a thing. This was a new type of relationship that we were both scared of enduring, but I am happy you took a chance on me and I did to you. You have made me unmeasurably happy, and you brought in a ball of sunshine into my life. Augusta I love with my whole heart already and I can't wait to meet our baby boy Maxwell. I am more than excited to spend this life with you and to wake up with you until we are old and gray and Augusta and Maxwell are changing our diapers. I love you." Robert's eyes were filled with tears and they were falling down his face. "Robert, it is your turn for your vows." He pulled out a piece of paper and started reading it. 

        "Jacob, my beautiful Jacob. I thought that after I became a father that there wasn't any position better than that. But then I met you, and being your mate is what I am ultimately proud of. Knowing that someone like you loves me, makes every day worth living and everything worth fighting for. I thank the moon goddess every day for giving me such an amazing family, amazing daughter, son, and mate. Living life with you is everything I could have wanted, needed and hoped for. I love you Jacob Romano." The tears were falling down my face, but I didn't care. "May I have the rings please." Augusta ran up to us and gave us the rings and she had this cute little smile on her face. "Now Jacob, do you take Robert to be your husband, to have and to hold. To love, and cherish. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health?" I looked Robert in his eyes and smiled. "I do." He gave my hands a reassuring squeeze, and then I slid the ring on his finger. "Robert, do you take Jacob to be your husband, to have and to hold. To love, and cherish. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health?" He slid the ring on my finger. "I do." My heart skipped a beat and we were almost officially husbands. "With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you, husbands. You may kiss the groom."

       Robert walked forward and put his hands on my face and pulled me in. He smashed his lips to mine, it was full of love and warmth. Everyone started yelling and cheering us on. He grabbed my hand and then Augusta ran up to us and Robert picked her up. We started to walk down the aisle. We are married, and our life is finally beginning. Robert wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. "I love you so much Hippo." I blushed every time he gave me that nickname. "I love you, more." I gave him a soothing, loving and strong kiss. "I love you too!" Augusta yelled and gave us both a kiss. And Robert and I chuckled at her. "You're married!" Wasn't she the cutest. "We are married. You are my husband." I said to Robert. "And you are mine."

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*