Chapter 12

Jacob

        After the 45 minutes of driving, I was near his house and I was low key freaking out. My heart was racing and my hands started to sweat. I don't know what this night will bring but I can feel that this would be a turning point in our relationship. I pulled into the driveway and turned the car off. His home was beautiful and huge and it made mine look extremely small and basic. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car. I locked it behind me and fixed my tie as I stood at the door, I knocked softly, inwardly hoping he wouldn't hear it. This way I had an excuse to leave and go back home. But knowing he has Lycan ears made that chance very slim. After a few moments, I heard the door start to unlock. Robert was standing there and he looked drool-worthy.  He was wearing a light blue suit with a white button-up with a gray and white striped tie. He stood there and checked me out and I could see his eyes go black and Axel purred at it. Axel has been getting restless recently and has been wanting to mate with Robert, but I am not ready for that yet...at least I don't think.

       "Come in beautiful. Let me grab your bag." He smirked when he grabbed my bag. I walked in and I was instantly in awe. This place was beautiful. It was decorated gray and white with a huge crystal chandelier, it was beautiful. "Follow me this way. I will take you to the dining room. Dinner is almost ready." He grabbed my hand and lead me through his mansion. He brought me to the dining room and it was just as beautiful as the rest of the house. The table was very modern, it was silver and black. With six gray chairs. He pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. "I will be right back with our dinner." He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and walked away. I heard soft music playing in the background and there were lit candles everywhere. It was overall very romantic. A part of me wished that I would have gotten here a little earlier to watch him cook. I heard footsteps and Robert came in with trays of food. 

       "Alright let's get started. Tonight our appetizer is Caprese salad crisps. Our main courses, yes plural, are an 8 oz filet medium rare with sweet potato, and garlic mash potatoes. Then we have a lobster tail with honey garlic butter. Then dessert is a surprise, so don't ask. Now for the drink, we have of course a 1993 Screaming Eagle Cabernet." His voice was dreamy and I was barely listening to what he was saying what was for dinner because he looked so good. Axel and his horniness are driving me insane. We ave prolonged the mating process and it is taking a toll on us. "Alright let's dig in." He put down the appetizers and I grabbed some and put in on my plate. He grabbed my wine glass and started to pour the wine. "So tell me about your family?" I asked him. He sat back down catty-corner to me and poured his own drink. 

      "Well, my family is in the wine business. They own the Screaming Eagle. They are all werewolves, so when I was born a lycan they sent me away with Stephan." I started to eat the appetizer and I inwardly moaned at how delicious it tasted. "Who is Stephan?" I asked him. "Oh right. Well, he was the financial advisor, he found his true mate and retired. But anyways he was determined to have a Lycan only pack, he founded a boarding school for all Lycans to be together and learn how to be Lycans. That is when I met Damon and Trey, we all became very close and good friends. He told us how he was a Prince and he needed a beta and delta and Trey and I accepted." He grabbed the old plates and put down a new one with the entree. I took a sip of wine and let it wash my palette. "When was the last time you saw your family?" I asked him. "It has been a while. Last time I was 18 and that was 6 years ago. I am an only child, so it was pretty lonely growing up." 

       My heart ached for him, he was sharing his story and being open and I loved everything about it. "It is very hard for me to open and accept people because of it. I think that is why I pushed you away once we started to get closer I guess it was some sort of defense mechanism." I understood where he was coming from now. Why he did push me away and why he did want to take things slowly once it started getting serious. "I understand. thank you for telling me." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "I had some low moments growing up. Though I was surrounded by Lycans I always found a way to the werewolf community. I am going, to be honest, I slept with a lot of girls. I thought my mate when I met her, well him, that they wouldn't accept me and all these other insecurities. One of the girls was actually an old friend of mine when I was younger. She hasn't gotten over it yet, I just need you to be aware just in case she does come back into my life." My heart started to hurt after he said those things. I can't be too upset because that was before we met and I guess he has an excuse? But I mean I didn't wait for my mate either, I can't be too upset. 

      "What do you mean? Why would she come back into your life?" I asked him. "Before I tell you this, I really need you to understand that it was before you and I would have been careful if I had known the beauty of my mate. Okay?" He said to me. I raised my eyebrows at him, what is he talking about. "What is going on Robert?" I asked him. "I have a daughter."

*

*

*

*

*

*