1

i had sat on the ground with my thighs pressed against the cold pavement. it sent shivers down my spine alongside the cold london air. it wasn't the best choice to wear shorts today. i leaned my head against the wall behind me as a tear fell from my eye.

i had gotten into a fight with my younger brother harry earlier that day. we shared a flat together in central london, but all it's ever done is bring unwanted problems.

i loved harry with my whole heart but i didn't know how much more i could take. and that's when it happened. i ran out. right out of the apartment. and i didn't even look back.

it's never been the easiest thing to make friends here. especially when all you're known as is "Wroetoshaws older sister." people act like that's all i have to me. Harry has never introduced me to any of his friends so yeah life is pretty fun.

i tugged on the sleeves of my hoodie trying best to keep myself warm. this young looking guy came walking over and sat next to me with a warm cup of coffee between his hands. prick.

"Hey. how are you?" he asked as if it wasn't obvious.

i brushed my hair out of my face and replied with,

"i'm freezing my ass off sitting on the ground on who knows what street, i got into a fight with my brother who i happen to live with, there's no way i'm going back, and i left my wallet, car and everything else there. how are you?" smiling sarcastically at the end.

"oh, shit." he replied, passing his cup over to me.

"hold it. it will keep you warm until we get to the coffee shop." he smiled warmly.

i happily accepted the cup, holding it in between my two hands as i shivered. after he stood up, he offered me his hand. i smiled before grabbing it as he pulled me up.

he held my hand and guided me to the little coffee shop on the corner. he told me a few sweet stories and little details about him before we reached the shop.

we walked in and i showed a sweet smile before handing him his cup as we reached the counter.

"go ahead." he smiled, gesturing to the cashier.

"i'll get a hazelnut coffee." i smiled, taking in all the warmth of the restaurant.

he handed the cashier his card, and soon after i grabbed the cup and he led me to a table.

"So. tell me your story." he smiled, taking his seat across from me.

"normally i wouldn't tell a stranger anything but you're really sweet and again, thank you so much. you have no clue how much this means to me." i said moving a few strands of hair out of my face.

"of course. i couldn't possibly let you sit out there in the cold." he smiled once more.

"Okay. well my name is Erika Lewis and i'm basically being forced into the shadow of my little brother. i live with him and he's pretty irritating." i laughed.

"wait, Lewis?" he asked.

"yeppers." i answered.

"is your little brothers name Harry?" he asked.

"yeah, how'd you know?" i replied.

"he's wroetoshaw right?" he asked again.

"you know him?" i shouted, practically choking on my coffee.

"he's one of my mates and he's apart of this youtube group with me." he laughed.

"This is good!" i yelled.

"and why is that?" he laughed.

"you can go get my shit for me!" i beamed excitedly.

"fine fine." he chuckled once more.

"thank you so much-" i said pausing, not knowing his name.

"tobi." he smiled.

"oh. that's a sweet name." i laughed.

"you too erika." he giggled.