Character Q&A: Answers

The author aka me (Rebecca)

@adorable_neonkitty: What inspired you to write this and do you have any tips for new writers?

I've been an avid reader of fanfiction since I was a teen and back in high school, many of my teachers said that I was good at writing and so earlier this year when I discovered 5sos (No, I have not been a fan of them for a long time, but I don't want to hear that 'fake' fan bullshit (not saying that you would say that to me, but I'm just saying in general). I support them and love them just as much as a fan who has known about them since they began their career) I began reading some fanfics of them and I was like "I wonder if people would read my writing?" So one day while I was listening to All Time Low, the song 'Paint You Wings' came on and I was listening to the lyrics and I thought that that would be a good story to play off of. At first I was going to make PYW in relation to the song lyrics however, I completely deviated away from that because I had so many other ideas for this story.

As for tips for new writers, just go for it! I didn't know what the hell I was doing when I first started this story and I still don't. I'm still learning. Reading is a good way to pick up on different styles of writing as well as seeing how plots and character progression are shown. But don't rely on that. Every writer has their own style. But one major tip that I can give is to not write just to see what others think of it or to just get millions of reads. You need to have that drive to write because you want to. If you have an idea for a story, then write it. If someone says they don't like it, screw them. Writing isn't meant to please everyone. This is a very long answer; I am so sorry, haha :)

@aylahipster: Can I be Michael's girlfriend sometime in the story? @Lynss_: Can I be set up as Luke's girlfriend somewhere in the story? This is literally one of my favorite books and I'd be so happy. @5soslittlemonster98: Can Luke have a girlfriend too? I'm available!!

Okay, I grouped these questions together because they're all related. I'm still working on figuring out the plot for the sequel to PYW (as well as figuring out the rest of PYW) and I would like to incorporate more characters in that. I haven't decided if the other boys are going to get girlfriends or not (but they seriously need them because they're so cute and sweet and ugh) but if the time ever comes where I will need girlfriends for them, I will consider it. I'm not going to guarantee it, but I will consider it.

@lilleone: How are you?

I'm great! Other than the fact that I am extremely stressed because of college and have had two stress-induced breakdowns where I cried in my car on my way home from class because there is a shit ton of stuff that I have to do, but there aren't enough hours in the day to do it. But other than that, I'm good. Thank you for asking! :)

@1ds_chickz: Rebecca, where do you get your inspiration for you stories from?

I get my inspiration mostly from personal experiences. There are several things in PYW that have happened to me, but some of them are not to the extreme that I have written them. The same goes for my other story Piece of Cake. I'm taking actual experiences that are happening with my best friend who is getting married next week (November 16th)! But I get a lot of inspiration from music as well. There could be a verse or chorus that sticks out to me and then I come up with so many ideas that could turn into a story. It's really weird, haha.

@PumpkinSpiceLuke: Update maybe?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Please, I would love to update, but with college being a pain in the ass, I barely have time to breath, eat, or sleep. I'm trying my hardest but I literally have no time to update. That's why I did this Q&A thing to leave you guys with something until I can start writing.