Chapter 4: Hiding

Frisk

In a flash Frisk was inside some dreary house. It was dark and musty inside. She wasn't sure she liked it. She knew it was where Sans lived. Why anyone would want to live in such a dreary place was beyond her comprehension. But everyone in this world seemed messed up, so she guessed it made sense. 

Sans took her upstairs. Frisk was shocked by the strength of the skeleton. He looked edgy, sure, but she hadn't thought he looked strong! 

"Here ya go kid. Stay in here. Imma go look for the antidote for your poison." Sans said. He pretty much tossed her onto his bed and took a key out of his pocket, locking her in his room. Frisk thought that wasn't entirely called for but she couldn't protest now that he wasn't in the room anymore. Instead, she lay down and tried to ignore the blazing pain that shot through her ankle. It got worse and worse as moments went on. After about nearly twenty minutes of lying there writhing on the bed in pain, the door unlocked and Sans finally entered. She saw that he was carrying some bandages and medicines, as well as some horribly sharp tools that made her stomach turn.

"Stay still, kid." Sans growled, standing above his bed. "Lemme just check your ankle. I'm gonna put the antidote on in a moment. But first I must clean the wound and take the rest of the trap off." He touched her ankle with his bony hand, making Frisk hiss with pain.

Sans

Sans ignored Frisk's pained hiss as he examined her ankle. He lifted it in his hand and brought it closer to is face to inspect it. Her entire ankle was coated in blood. Dried blood made her pant leg stick to her leg. The trap was still attached to it and was squeezing into her flesh. He could tell the wound was terrible. 

"This is gonna hurt." Sans grunted. He took a sharp tool and sank the tip of it into the wound where he knew the poisonous trap wire was still attached. Then he moved the tip a tiny bit, cutting the wire as well as a small bit of Frisk's flesh, he assumed because he heard her yelp. He pulled the rest of the trap out of the deep wound carefully and tossed it across the floor. It was soaked in human blood. 

"T-thanks." Frisk whispered, looking into Sans's eyes. 

"Whatever." Sans grumbled. He didn't know why he had decided to help the human in the first place, but he continued trying to patch up the wound. He took a small wad of cotton and coated it in medicine that would not only prevent infection, but it would also act as an antidote to the poison that had been inflicted upon Frisk. 

"This'll hurt too, kid." Sans said. "In fact, everything I'm gonna do to heal you will pretty much hurt." He wasn't quite sure himself if he wanted to see her suffer or not, but he didn't hesitate to clean the injury.

Frisk 

Frisk tried not to scream as Sans dabbed the cotton swab at her wound. It hurt like hell. She guessed the medicine would help her, though, so she didn't struggle and tried her best to sit still. When he was done with the medicine, he took a bandage and wrapped it around her ankle. Then he took a step back and looked at her with a satisfied nod. 

"Good enough." He said. Then he took a bottle of medicine and handed it to Frisk. "Drink this, kid. The whole bottle. You'll need it to help with curing the rest of the poison."

Frisk brought the bottle to her nose and sniffed it. It was horribly vile smelling. But she did as she was told and guzzled it down, shuddering and nearly gagging after. She handed the bottle back to Sans, who simply just chucked it onto the floor. 

"Thank you." Frisk breathed, her mouth still full of the vile medicine taste. 

"Yeah, yeah." Sans grunted. "I'm stupid for helping a creature like you, but I am anyway." He pressed the tip of his finger into Frisk's chest, making her wince. "You owe me big time, kid. Especially because I'm gonna hide you from my brother." 

Frisk blinked in surprise. "You are? Thanks!" She cried.

"Ugh!" Sans sounded exasperated. "Don't thank me kid. Now, I'm gonna carry you into my closet. I doubt you can walk." He lifted Frisk and carried her to the closet in the back of his room.

Sans

After putting Frisk into his rather messy and smelly closet, he locked the door behind him and sat down on his bed. He felt exhausted after helping the human. The worst thing was he didn't know why he hadn't just killed her. He hated humans! Besides, Frisk was so stupid and naive that she actually thought she didn't need to kill to survive. Sans wasn't a huge fan of idiots, yet something compelled him to help the human girl.

I'm putting my life at risk for a piece of garbage human. Sans thought, shaking his head. If Paps found out I'm sure he'd kill me at once. 

"Uh...Sans?" Frisk's voice came from inside the closet. "W-why am I in here?"

Sans looked at the closet. "I'm hiding you from Papyrus!" He told her gruffly. "He'll be back any time. Now keep your mouth shut unless I tell you it's okay to talk. If Papyrus knows you're here, kid, we're both dead meat." He stood up and shoved the medical stuff he had used to heal the human under the bed. His floor was littered with random stuff but he couldn't take any risks. Papyrus would be mad enough when he found out that Sans hadn't stayed outside to look for humans. He would probably be furious when he realized that Sans had come home. And Sans would have to make it worse by lying and saying he got tired so that his brother didn't get suspicious.