Two

Courtney's POV:

After dinner I began cleaning up as Sicheng helped. "You don't have to." I said as he cleaned off the table while my dad went to the barn. "I want to help you. You were kind enough to make me dinner." He said, smiling at me. I smiled back and let him help. Soon we were finished and I decided to help him to the guest house. I grabbed a flashlight as he followed. "Seriously, if you need anything, you can knock on my window or something. My room is the far room on the left." I said.

"Thank you, I'll have to take you up on that." He said sweetly. We made it into the guest house soon after. "I'm sure my dad gave you the tour." I said and he nodded. "I kind of wish you had been able to give me the tour instead." He said shyly. I blushed and lead him into the little room he would be sleeping in. "Are you sure you'll be okay sleeping in here by yourself?" I found myself saying for no reason. "I hope so." He said. "It's nice to meet you Sicheng. My dad will likely wake us both up early in the morning so we should get some rest." I said.

"Thank you. Sleep well Courtney." He said in his cute broken english. "You too Sicheng." I said back. I turned around and smiled at him cutely before leaving. I went back inside to see my dad eyeing me, giving me a warning look as he knew I was off talking to Sicheng. I ignored him and went to my room to get ready for bed. Eventually I laid down, turning the lights off in the room, only the moonlight shining in to let me see in the slightest. I left my window open slightly to get some air in the room while I slept.

I fell asleep quickly, only to be woken up by the sound of someone tapping on my window, making me jump up. "It's just me, Sicheng." I heard, making me sigh in relief. "What's wrong?" I said as I faced him, rubbing my tired eyes before putting my glasses on. "I can't sleep." He said, pouting. "Hang on, I will come out to the guest house. It isn't safe for me to talk to you here. If my dad hears he'll kill me." I said as I got up slowly. "Oh..okay." he said before walking off towards the guest house. I slipped on my shoes and tip toed out of my room.

I went down the hall slowly before stopping as I noticed my dad asleep in the chair in the living room. "Shit." I panicked to myself. I decided to move slower and eventually managed to sneak past him and out the front door. I went all the way to the guest house, feeling a need to comfort this cute worker boy I had met just today. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I noticed him sitting on the little couch in the middle of the room, smiling as he saw me come in. "Sorry for bothering you by the way." He said.

"It's no problem. I would have let you in my room to stay the night but I mean we just met and that is how the movies usually go. Girl meets cute boy and grows close to him but boy turns out to be serial killer." I said. He laughed and turned to me. "So you think I'm cute huh?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me. I blushed as I looked away, realizing I had just called him cute to his face. Damn his beautiful face. "Uh..so what do you want to talk about?" I said, changing the subject.

"Oh..um, I figured maybe we could get to know each other better. You seem lonely out here all by yourself." He said. I admired him for how he cared and noticed little things like that because he was really correct. Then I thought of how my dad warned me not to talk to him. But you know what, fuck what my dad says. "Well, I'm Courtney, I have lived on this farm all my life. I don't have much special about me to be honest. But a fun fact is that the garden with the flowers as I am sure you saw on your tour is completely mine. My only talent is growing flowers." I said.

He chuckled and smiled at me. "I'm sure there is more about you then that. Maybe I will get you to talk someday." He said. "Maybe." I said with a wink, making him laugh. I laughed with him and waited for him to continue. I wanted to know more about him as well. "Alright so I'm Dong Sicheng, I am from Wenzhou. I sing and dance and also do a little bit of rap. It is my dream to become a dancer professionally some day." He said. "That's amazing. I hope I can see you dance sometime." I said, making him shy.

"I've never actually danced in front of anyone." He admitted. "Well I'm sure you're amazing. Maybe would could teach me." I said. He nodded and smiled, acting as if he had never been praised before. "So what else do you like to do?" I asked. He thought about it for a moment before responding. "I-" he began to say before we heard the screen door to the house open and someone begin walking towards the guest house. I panicked and hid in the closet and soon after, my father walked in.

"Hi sir, is there anything I can help you with?" Sicheng said. "I just thought I heard something and figured I would come check up on you." My dad said. "Everything is fine here. Just been trying to fall asleep." He lied. "Ah, new place is hard to get use to. Well, if you need anything, come by the house." He said before walking out as Sicheng nodded. I stood in the closet for a moment longer until the door opened to reveal Sicheng's handsome face.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took so long, been busy working a lot.

~-winney-