Six

Courtney's POV:

I woke up to the sounds of yelling outside the barn, people calling for Sicheng and I. My eyes widened as I realized we had fallen asleep together in the loft. As I went to wake him up, a loud voice behind us, made him jolt up. We both turned to see my dad looking at us, an angry expression on his face as he saw Sicheng's arm around me and my lipstick all over his face. He climbed up the ladder as we stood up quickly. "What did I tell you about being around my daughter? And what did I tell you Courtney about hanging around with the help." He said, clenching his fist.

I started to speak up to defend both of us. "Sir, I'd never hurt your daughter and I find her the most amazing girl I have ever met. I'm sorry you had to find out like this." He said. "Find out like this?? You two aren't staying together. Sicheng I want you out and back home today!" He yelled. Sicheng grabbed my hand and held onto it tightly as my heart dropped. "But sir-" he tried to plead his case but my dad wouldn't listen. "Pack your bags now! I don't care about your debt anymore. Just leave!" He yelled.

I felt tears fall from my eyes. He was ripped from my arms and taken down to the guest house to get his things as my dad phoned his parents. I followed and snuck into the guest house, surprising Sicheng as he grabbed his things. He was to take the bus back home. "Courtney" he said sadly, walking up to me as teared fell from his eyes. I wiped them away and looked at him, unsure of what to say. He said everything that needed to be said with a kiss. He backed me up against the wall as he held onto me and kissed me deeper. As he pulled away, I found the words that I wanted to say, what my heart wanted me to say.

"I'm going with you." I said, making his eyes widen. "You can't, your dad will kill us both." He said. "Not if he can't find us." I said. "I'll go pack my bag and meet you at the bus station. I'll sneak out when I can." I said, grabbing his face and pecking his cheek before running off, not wanting to be caught again but also wanting to leave him no choice. He watched me run off as I went back into the house. I packed my bags and snuck outside as soon as the chance came up. As I went to meet up with Sicheng, someone stopped me.

I looked up to see one of my dad's workers. "Going after that boy huh?" He said. "Yes..I can't stand to be here anymore. If he doesn't accept the man I love then what's the point." I said. "Are you going to tell my dad and get me locked up in my room?" I sighed. "No, go to your love, your dad will understand one day then maybe you can come back." He said, surprising me as he motioned for me to take off. I smiled and thanked him before running off, heading towards the bus stop as soon as I could.

Eventually after a long walk, I made it. As I turned the corner I saw Sicheng sitting on a bench. "Sicheng!" I said, making him look up and smile. He stood up quickly and ran to me as I did the same, running into his arms. He hugged me as I held onto him tightly. The two of us cuddled up on the bench as we waited and soon the bus came. I had bought a ticket during the wait so we got on the bus together and said goodbye to my town. "Are you sure about this?" He said. "I'm sure." I nodded. As we were about to leave, I heard yelling coming from outside the bus.

I looked out the window to see my dad yelling. I panicked as Sicheng did the same. I opened the window to tell him I wasn't going back but what he said, surprised us both. "I'm sorry for how I've been acting. I want you happy and Sicheng does seem like a good kid. When I saw that you left I realized how awful I have been. Please don't leave." He said. I looked to Sicheng to see what he would think and he nodded to me. "I'm sorry to both of you." He said. I motioned for Sicheng that I was willing to go back so he stood up and we apologized for the scene and got off the bus.

The bus took off shortly after as me and Sicheng were left facing my father. "If you come back home, I promise I'll do better and Sicheng, you don't owe me anything, you're free to go." He said. "I wouldn't leave your daughter, I care too much about her." He said, making me smile as he held my hand. "You know, you are good to her, I have noticed a change in her mood since you showed up, you make her a lot happier." My father said. "He does, he makes me very happy." I said, making Sicheng smile.

We agreed to go back to the farm and work things out more there, but what would my dad say to me wanting Sicheng to live in the house with us.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the wait. What did you think?? 👀 and what do you think he will say about them living together?

~-winney-