Waiting For The Time To Pass You By

Cat Noir was used to seeing his friends being attacked by Hawkmoth's akumas. As much as it was disturbing, he knew that he had to do his job and not let his emotions take over him. This was true until he witnessed a very dangerous Akuma attack Marinette. There were instances where akumas were after her like 'The Gamer' or 'La Befana' but, he had managed to always save her, somehow, no matter how heavy his heartfelt every time her security was compromised.

That Akuma, Fleuriste, a florist with a failing business had turned the entire Paris into a dense forest. Trees and wild plants were everywhere. Buildings were covered with ivy, yet no single trace of a pretty flower. Ironical...

The branches and stems though reminded him of something he didn't want to remember, the incidents of 'Weredad', Marinette had been trapped that day he had almost failed to save her, if not for Ladybug arriving there in time.

He was focused during Akuma battles, true, he did make puns and joked around but, he was focused. Today, though, was not one of those days.

"You are going to pay, kitty cat~" Fleuriste sinisterly smiled to himself. He moved his hands in a wave-like motion. Thorny creepers made their way to him. But, alas! He wasn't paying attention.

"Cat, look out!" Someone yelled as they jumped over him, sending both of them tumbling to the ground.

"M-Marinette?" He got up and looked at her, she had taken the hit for him, the right sleeve of her jacket was torn and a little blood was smeared on it. She was clutching her wound tightly. The mere sight of her being in pain hit him like a solid brick.

He quickly scooped her in his arms and made a run for it. She tightened her arms around him as he ran over the rooftops to her balcony. They reached their destination in a blink and he carefully set her down.

He grabbed her hand and went inside her room through her trapdoor. "Sit on your chaise." He commanded. She didn't disobey.

He ran over to the cabinet near her sink, a place where she kept her first-aid kit, that girl was a clumsy fashion designer with a needle.

He wet a clean cloth with water, grabbed the box and sat down in front of her, he carefully cleaned the wound with the cloth. "Why did you do it?" His eyes welled up with tears.

Marinette was shocked. He is the one to talk? He has taken more dangerous hits than this. I-Is he really crying?

"Because I have your back." She smiled, wincing a little as he applied Neosporin on the cut. "Besides, this is just a little cut. I am completely fine."

"But I--"

"But me no buts." She covered his mouth with her left hand. "Go kick that Akuma's butt and then come back," she uncovered his mouth as she caressed his cheek with her thumb gently, "A steaming cup of hot chocolate and a movie will be waiting for you."

"I would really like that." He grinned.

She smiled warmly at him. She pressed a loving kiss to the back of his hand. If she were being honest, she had always wondered how it would be to feel his skin on hers, how holding his hands without his costume would be like.

Cat blushed, "I must take my leave, princess," he got up, "There's an Akuma to take care of."

She nodded and he left very quickly. Tikki phased out of her purse, "Marinette, we must hurry. I have a feeling that Cat Noir won't treat the Akuma very kindly after what just happened."