...Don't Let It Burn Us Out

A/N: This chapter's pretty special to me. It marks the official 1K read mark of the story. I was so over the moon when I found out that this story had crossed 1K reads. Thank you so much for your love and support! ️❤️❤️❤️❤️
•°•°•°•°•°•°•

_________________

Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Two days after Hawkmoth's threat and the tragedy at Notre Dame, it has been discovered that the accident happened due to Hawkmoth. Many people had suspected the villain's involvement in the disintegration of Cathedral Notre Dame earlier, but now the suspicions are proven to be correct.

Apparently, Hawkmoth's trusted ally, Mayura, was spotted in the area just before the accident. It is believed that her sentimonsters aided their plan. We do not have any reports on anyone being akumatized as the villain has been dormant after his announcement.

People are frightened and are panicking. They're seeing this as a warning by Hawkmoth and Mayura and are asking Ladybug and Cat Noir to do something about this situation. We all are living in fear at the moment.

Surprisingly, we haven't heard from Ladybug for two days too. It's a matter of great concern for every citizen. People are guessing that she is a victim of the accident as well. Without our protector, Parisians lives are questioned. Luckily, no one has died in the accident. As surprising as it may seem, every victim is severely injured, but none of them has died. It leads us to believe that this is either the work of our heroes or Mayura sabotaged the area where the least number of people were present.

The people from the Kingdom of Achew, who were supposed to be the Mayor's guests for this week, have been kidnapped by Hawkmoth and are kept at a place we aren't aware of. We have no information regarding their current health status though the police force is trying their best to locate them. It would be shameful for the entire country if something bad happened to any of them, especially their youngest member of Achew Royalty, Prince Ali.

Now we must take our leave. Stay tuned to TVi for more news on the topic!

_________________

A certain ravenette was practising dodging on a punching bag in a deserted building in the outskirts of Paris. Punches after punches were directed at the object and she dodged each with precision and technique. It was as if she was venting out her frustration and anger on the punching bag. She paused in between to rest her cramping muscles, catching her breath.

"Marinette, I think you should take a break and eat something." A high-pitched voice suggested.

"I can't, Tikki. There's no time for that. Do you remember when we battled Hawkmoth on Heroes' Day or when Mayura created a Ladybug sentimonster? I feel like we lost because our fighting skills were not up to the mark. I need to improve if I want to win against him this time."

"But you can't compromise with your health, Marinette. Besides, you didn't exactly lose."

"But we certainly did not entirely win. We were so close to getting Hawkmoth. I am not making the same mistake thrice. This time, I will be prepared." She wiped her sweat with a hand towel.

"And you think that keeping your partner in the dark will help you? Please, at least tell him about your plan even if you don't want his help." Tikki pleaded. "You're not only worrying him but also your parents and friends. They think that something terrible happened to you."