Chapter 10

December 30th

I can't find peace in this goddamned place lately. Not that I ever did find any, but these past few days have been very much chaotic.

Dorian has been absorbing every drop of energy I have left, from ridiculous wedding rehearsals to dance lessons.
Not to mention his increased stamina at night, even midday.

Ever since his parents left a few days ago after spending Christmas night together, he took very seriously the task of getting me pregnant. Literally. He seems in such a hurry to do so, almost in a desperate way.

So right now as I'm hiding here in the guest bedroom Dorian decided to rebuilt into a baby nursery, I stare at my Christmas present laying in the middle of the center wall, trying to set it on fire with my gaze obviously failing, so I decide to take a look at the rest of the furniture.

There are two beige rest chairs in the far end of the room, a large window in the middle of them, covered with a thick curtain in a slight darker shade of beige.
In the other end of the room lay a few large sized wooden toys, a giraffe and a swinging horse among them with a knitted cream colored rug beneath them.

The once white ceiling is now decorated with beautiful abstract stars, each different from the other in shape and shades of beige. A dark wooden library is between two doors with children books filling it.
I open one of them, revealing a small and mostly empty walk in closet.
The other door reveals a bathroom, which is very much plain as well, with the same color scheme as the bedroom.

Everything inside the room is pretty bland colored, not fitting for a baby at all. It lacks emotion and warmth. Just like Dorian.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I actually care how does the stupid nursery looks, because I'm not even looking forwards to having a child with him. But I can't help to think that this baby will grow in this fenced mausoleum, with a depressed mother and a demented father. I don't want Dorian to make my baby grow up to be like him.

"Adley!" Speak of the Devil and he shall appear. I can listen to him down the hall opening doors while looking for my whereabouts. I've been away from his side for about twenty five minutes. Too long for him to handle. "Where are you, my sweet girl?"

I was about to go to the door and open it, but he was quicker. He peaked his head to glance around searching for me and smiled when he saw me standing beside the window and instantly he moved inside to approach me.

He encircled my waist with his left arm, bringing me closer to him and softly gripped my chin with his right hand, pushing my head upwards to give me a peck on the lips and a few around my face.

"I've been looking for you everywhere, darling. Even had the guard check the backyards to see if you were playing with that pup of yours. Couldn't have imagined that I'd find you here of all places! Why are you here?" He sounded amused, caressing my clavicle with his thumb.

"I needed some alone time for myself and I had not seen how you decided to decorate this room yesterday, so I wanted to give it a look." I hate to explain myself to him all the time, but I know that when he ask me things, whether playfully or not, I must answer.

"And? What do you think? The decorator purchased only the best, nothing here is cheap, I can assure you that." He tried to joke, but it came out conceited and pompous.

"I figured. I really like the painted stars on the ceiling. Very pretty." I tried not to sound bláse, because it would upset him  almost instantly. So I filtered my actual thoughts about this room and gave him what he wanted to hear.

"I knew you would love them. I was about to tell you to paint them yourself, but the ceiling is too high up and couldn't risk getting my lovely girl hurt with the wedding about to happen. A broken limb doesn't fit a bride." He laughed hearty.