Chapter 11

December 31th

Today is new years eve and also, my wedding day.

I've been walking on eggshells since I woke up, with an overly affectionate Dorian behind my every move. I guess we are both stressed, but with different motives.

While I am holding back frustrated tears, he's holding back his extreme joy.

Since very early in the morning, the designed wedding planner arrived with an army of employees, that went straight ahead to the back gardens to mount all the decorations. Everything around the house was starting to look like a fairy tale, elegant yet simple.

Each single detail was meant to make me happy, Dorian didn't leave anything under the table.

Since I opened my eyes today, all I could see was his effort to try and make this wedding a success. He was aiming to impress not only me, but every guest.

But putting all of that aside, the only actual reason holding me back from causing a scene today, is the clear treat he directed at my family. He will harm them if I act out at any given moment.

"Adley, darling, please finish your plate so you can go upstairs with Relya and start getting ready. I already sent the hairstylist to our bedroom." Dorian said, snapping me out of my thoughts, as usual.

We are currently sitting in the dining room having breakfast. He's finishing eating a mouth watering butter cream bagel while I was served a small bowl of fruit, that's been my breakfast for the past three days, to avoid bloating so that I'll be looking even slimmer when I put on the dress. He wants to show me off with his colleagues and friends who will be seeing me for the first time. How exciting.

I nodded and quickly ate the remaining strawberries that were left in the plate, feeling his intense gaze eyeing me while I did. Then I stood up ready to leave the room, but his hand caught mine before I moved more than a step away.

His free arm curled around my waist, dragging me to where he sat. Then he spun me around and pushed me down onto his lap, hugging me tightly with both his arms. I was out of words for a few seconds sensing his slow breathing against my back.

"I love you so much. I've never loved anyone as much as I do you, my beautiful little girl. At your side, I'm the luckiest man alive, are you aware?" His velvet murmur was accompanied by soft kissed behind my ear. I turned my neck around to face him, noting how his smile didn't falter. I moved my gaze upwards to meet his eyes, those silver pools filled with tender, loving evilness.

Even though he wanted me to hurry and go get ready, his embrace didn't seem to get loose anytime soon. So while finding my voice, I took my time to look at his face; the face of my soon to be husband.

I glanced at the small, almost unnoticeable wrinkles around his eyes, that reminded me how much older he is. His lips, that while soft and pretty, could say the most horrible things to me, and also the most charming ones. I moved my gaze around his features, contemplating his chiseled bone structure and his smooth dark brown hair, that seemed to turn almost blonde below the sun, and raven black in the dark.

A beautiful disaster, he is.

"I'm glad you feel that way, darling. I love you too." I was programmed to say those expected lines in exchange, but oddly, my unstable head pushed the words hearty. The words felt right in that moment, truly. And I wanted to smack myself for feeling like this, but instead I leant my head back, resting it on top of his heart, listening the dangerous rhythm.

He smiled in awe, I dare say a bit surprised even. He lowered his head a little, and kissed me softly. In this wanderlust state of mind, I kissed him back.