Chapter 5-Pain

Mid December

"Time doesn't heal anything.... It teaches us how to live with the pain."

Daneen looked at that side and her eyes clashed with Ahmad's . He was looking at her with his heated gaze and bitter expressions. Daneen quickly averted her gaze from that furious person. At that moment, seeing at that side would create many difficulties for her. She averted her attention toward Faris, who was glaring her with furious expressions. Fear engulfed her heart and she lowered her gaze.

After some minutes, she saw Mr. Jalal coming towards them with a formal smile.

"How are you Faris? " he asked him, totally ignoring Daneen.

"Fine," he curtly replied.

"That's good"

He said while taking out an envelope from his pocket.

"Here.. It is the gift for you"

"Thank you," Seriousness was still in his expressions.

Daneen remained standing there as a statue, as no one was giving importance to her.

At the far end, Ahmad remained standing and staring at her. His heart was filled with pain at seeing Daneen becoming someone's bride, but he was helpless in this case.

.............................

Whole day, ASP Hassan remained in Shahinabad, questioning different people about Sana. He asked her friends who told him that she got missing when she went to take football from the road. When Sana didn't come back after five minutes, they went to see her, but she was nowhere to be found.

A. S. P Hassan also met her parents. They didn't know anything about Sana's rape, neither Hassan had the courage to tell them. They also told the same story which children told him.

He asked the nearby shopkeepers if they have seen anyone or they have cameras in the shop. They knew nothing, nor did they have cameras.

"Today was a failure sir" His junior officer Sohail says to him when they were in the car.

"Don't lose hope, we will be able to find him" Though Hassan was also worried but he didn't show it. He was senior and he had to manage his team.

"Hope so" Again the junior said with a low tone.

Hassan ignored it.

After coming back home, he made coffee for himself because his head was pounding with all the tension. While sipping coffee, he opened whatsapp on his mobile and started checking messages and status of different people. His eyes stopped at one update. His cousin, Amal had updated the selfie with Daneen's couple. Grief stuck his heart at seeing the bridal look of Daneen.

"Stop looking at her Hassan! She is now someone's wife."

While chanting this in mind, his eyes stopped at her groom. Seriousness, authority was covering his personality.

"I have seen him somewhere! " Hassan's mind was giving him this signal and he tried to recall this person, but failed to do it.

...........................

She was staring at her bridal reflection with hollow eyes. She started removing her jewelry and dupatta, while staring in the mirror. At that moment, Faris entered the room and saw her putting her dupatta on the couch. Her curly beautiful hair came in his view, which was increasing her beauty ten folds more. But Faris didn't give a second glance to that spellbound beauty, in fact went into the washroom.