Chapter 22-New beginning

"O soul at peace!
Return to your Lord,
Well pleased, well pleasing.
Join my servants,
Enter my paradise."
-Al Quran (Surah Fajr, verse 27-30)

Start of January

"Sohail, take him to his cell" Hassan says to Sohail while seeing toward Dilawar. He has confessed all his crimes and tomorrow, he will be in court for his punishment.

Dilawar stands from his seat and starts moving with Sohail. Sohail pushes him in cell and locked it. Dilawar sees this all actions with void eyes. Today, he is going to escape. Today is his last day in this world.
....................

Whole night Faris keep on thinking about the hearing of court which will occur in morning. In it, he will get free from every blame. Government will declare him innocent, and after it, he can continue his career, his job. A glint comes in Faris's eyes. Hope, happiness is in his heart.

Next day, he is getting ready and Daneen is making breakfast.
"Why are you so happy today? Is something special today? " Daneen asks him with confusion.
She is still unaware with the whole situation. Faris has decided to tell her today about all the case.
"I will tell you when I will come back" he says.
Daneen nodded her head and sets the breakfast on table. After this, she switched on the television. Faris has gone in washroom for washing his hands.
"FARIS" Daneen shouts.
Faris quickly came out of washroom and sees the pale face of Daneen.
He follows her gaze and sees the news on television.

"Dilawar Khan who was suspected criminal of Shaheenabad case has died in the custody of police. It has been claimed by police that he has committed suicide" Breaking news is present on the television screen. Numbness, grief, shock hits him. He remained motionless and is seeing the pale face of Daneen.
....................
Worry and tension is in Hassan's face. When his officer went to take Dilawar from the cell, he saw Dilawar died on the floor. He had cut his wrist with a blade. Officer quickly turned his body and felt his heartbeat. His body had been cold when officer touched it. Dilawar had committed suicide in the first hours of midnight.
From blade, he had wrote something on the floor.
Officer read it
"Going to Zainab! "

These words confirmed that Dilawar had committed suicide, no one had killed him.

This news spreads like a fire in the country. Court hearing has been postponed for twenty-four hours.
......................

It is the evening time and darkness has started to spread in the city. Faris is standing on the door of backyard. Strong wind is blowing and weather has become frosty. He is staring into the space with hurtful eyes. Memories of Momin and Dilawar is running wildly in his mind.
Dilawar went to America for his B. A degree. And after this, they all became aloof. Friendship of the childhood finishes after it. They still meet, they still have warm feelings for each other, but they do not have the same relationship as before.
Still knowing that Dilawar is the murderer, he feels pain in his heart on the death of Dilawar.

"Dilawar you have committed suicide! After doing many murders, you have committed a grave sin. Suicide is an unforgivable sin for which Allah has no mercy. If Dilawar has completed his punishment in this world, he can be forgiven in the next world. But he chooses the wrong way"

He thinks.
Daneen comes into the room and stands beside Faris. Faris has told her everything.
"Are you okay" she asks.
"Yeah" he replies in a low voice.
"I'm thinking that a pessimist human is such a foolish and coward creature. His life is colourless and hopeless, And such person is harmful for the society. He has no belief in mercy of Allah and in rage of Allah. Man believes that he is everything, society is cruel with him and he has to take his revenge in every cost. He doesn't belief that Allah can take his revenge, that Allah is seeing everything and He will help humans. In his pessimist thinking, he can create a lot of fuss in the society." Daneen says this in a moist voice.
Faris nodded his head.
"Yeah. Dilawar was a pessimist. That's why he has destroyed his life, and now he has taken his life." Faris says with sorrow. "He was a murderer, he murdered my brother, my neice, destroyed my life, but still there is pain in my heart on thinking about his death. It is true that blood attracts blood. It is just because of blood and humanity that I feel discomfort on his death." Faris says with melancholy.
"Pray for him Faris. Pray that Allah forgive his sins" Daneen says it to comfort him.
"How can I pray Daneen? I haven't done any prayer since my brother's death. I have many queries, and an anger on Allah. I think I'm also a cynic." He says with a deep hurt.
"No, you are not a cynic Faris. If you have been a pessimist, you will also started killing people. Or at least, you will never feel hurt on Dilawar's death.Infact, You will become happy on his death. This hurt, this suffering is showing that you are not a skeptic. Still, there is optimism in your heart. You just have to be able to find it" Daneen says while putting a hand on his shoulder.
"Pray that Allah softens your heart. Ask help from Him. Our Merciful Allah will listen yours pray" Daneen increases the pressure on his shoulder.
"In starting days of our marriage, I was just like a beast for you. At that time, I knew that you are naive. But still, I was harsh with you. It was because there was much hate and poison in me. I just wanted a way to get it out from my heart. So, I just targeted you. I was harsh with you without any reason."
He is speaking while staring in space. And Daneen is listening him while seeing him.
"There was a little pessimism in me. But Thanks to Allah that it was not so vast or captivating feeling. Otherwise, my end will also be just like Dilawar's"
Faris now turned towards Daneen.
"I'm sorry Daneen for everything. Please, let's start a new beginning. I'm tired of everything. Now, I just want a natural life. Please" He says these lines while holding her hand.
Daneen stares at their clasped hands.
She thinks about his sufferings, about his tragedies which happens in his life, then she remebers the incidents in which he cares about her, in which he helps her. After all this, he still is saying sorry to her.
"This person deserves a chance"
She realizes.