Chapter 12-Bright Morning

Mid December

Mountains don't meet, but people do

They both were standing there, staring at each other with disbelief, hurt and emotions. Many years, days and moments came between them. Flashbacks of moments, events started to come in their minds and eyes. Moments when they get married, days which they spend with each other, the nights which they slept in each other's embrace, promises that they made with each other, sweet and bitter moments, the last event which separated them forever, and the years which they spent without each other. These moments and days were flashing in their minds and their eyes reflected pain and loneliness.

Sohail saw her poor condition, worn out house and her miserable lifestyle. 

Life has changed her completely

He thought bitterly. 

Salma saw her well off condition, his high status and lifestyle. 

Life has changed him completely

She thought with amazement. 

In these moments-when they both were analyzing each other, thinking about their lives, wondering how the life of other person had been, and thinking about the last bitter moments of their marriage life-Ayesha shook her mother's hand and asked

"Mama what happened? Who is this uncle? "

They both came to their senses and snapped their heads toward Ayesha. In their miserable thoughts, they just forget about her. Sohail became shocked on hearing the word "Mama" from the child and stared at her in disbelief. He never knew about his child. He stared at Ayesha and then at Salma. 

Salma saw her daughter and her eyes welled up with tears. For some moments, she just forgot about her daughter. She forgot about that soul which had suffered most in her life. She has never experienced the love of father, she has never known the meaning of protection and happiness of complete family.  And all this is because of Sohail. 

Bitterness filled her heart and she stared at Sohail with hate. 

"Do you need something, officer? " she asked coldly. 

Sohail came in his senses due to her cold tone. 

"Who is this girl? " he impatiently asked. 

Bitter smile came on Salma's face. 

"My Daughter" she said, emphasizing on "my". Sohail was at a loss for words. 

"If there is nothing else, then please leave us alone."

She said bitterly and closed the door. Sohail stared at the door in disbelief. The past fifteen minutes were the longest and difficult minutes for him. 

And Salma, she closed the door and rested her head on it. Tears soaked her cheeks. 

"Why Allah? Why so many difficulties in human life? "

             ............................

Pouring of rain had been stopped in the Capital city, and with it, silence etched around the place. Daneen and Faris were lying on the far corners of bed in eerie silence. 

They both were thinking about the recent events, had a blooming hope in their hearts and a smile was etched on both faces after reminiscing those moments. Those moments of intimacy were going to sow the seeds of love in both hearts. It was just the future who knew the fate of these seeds, whether they will get suitable water or not.