33

i can't tell.

felix was alone, stressing as he tried getting the hearing aid to work like normal.

he knew nothing happened to them, always keeping them with him so carefully.

so he decided to go see the person he got them from, eventually being forced through all kinds of tests and waiting nervously for the result.

the doctor used sign language to tell him to get in and then handed him a paper with a bunch of graphs.

''what does this all mean?'' he asked, putting down the paper and looking at his lips to indicate that he'd rather have him speak.

and he wished he hadn't learned to read lips so effortlessly, that he didn't know for certain what he said.

because he certainly didn't like it when he read that his hearing was getting worse, even with the hearing aids in.

there was a possibility that he might be able to hear with an implant, but it wouldn't end up being much either and it was way too expensive for what he could ever afford.

he left with a curt 'thank you', taking the hearing aids when they were handed back to him and not bothering to use them, wanting to be completely alone with his thoughts.

it was stupid how the thing he was most worried about as the fact that he still needed to pay back jeongin and it turned out to all be for nothing.

when he walked home he took his time, taking some detours and just looking at everything he saw, wondering what sounds they would make if he could fully heart them.

although it wasn't certain that he would completely lose it, the mere thought of never getting to hear jeongin laugh again raising tears in his eyes.

even when it started raining, he barely noticed, freaking out when he realised because his hearing aids couldn't withstand that, having to run the rest of the way.

seeing as jeongin's house was closer, he just went there, drenched in rain.

an unfamiliar man opened the door, raising his eyebrows because to be honest he really did look like a proper mess.

''is jeongin home?'' he asked, hoping that the man wouldn't say anything about his speech.

''oh, you're that sped he hangs with,'' the older replied. ''i don't understand that boy.''

felix decided to just pretend that he couldn't read his lips, resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

''he's'' the man said, making a movement between his legs with his hands, proceeding to point at the sky. ''upstairs.''

when he nodded the man gave him a sarcastic smile, stepping aside.

the process of taking off his shoes was a lot more awkward now and he trudged up the stairs as quick as possible.

''oh god,'' jeongin gasped as soon as he entered, taking off his headset. ''you're drenched.''

''it's a little cold,'' felix said, accentuating his words with a shiver. ''can i dry my aids with something?"'

jeongin was quick to hand him a towel and head to his closet, pulling out something comfortable for the smaller to wear.

-

lixie baby :((

y'know it's not gonna happen but what if i hit 1k followers before 2019 is over