109

i don't have no social cues.

''puppy,'' felix called, shaking him lightly. ''jeongin, baby.''

the younger woke up with a gasp, still unable to breath and grabbing his throat, panicked at seeing his boyfriend's face.

''it's just a nightmare,'' he calmed. ''you're okay, yeah? listen to my voice.''

he did, it hurt worse. it hurt worse when he remembered everything he had been told in his dream.

''don't leave me,'' jeongin wheezed out. ''please. i'll be better.''

felix shushed him, carding his fingers through his hair and leaning down to peck his lips. ''i love you, breathe with me.''

jeongin's eyes immediately snapped to his hand as soon as he raised it, having a little trouble following at first and then finally feeling the oxygen swirl in his lungs.

and he started sobbing, throwing himself to bend over so just his head was resting on felix's chest.

''do you want to talk about it?' felix asked, holding him in the dark of their room.

usually jeongin never did. he hadn't told anybody about even a single one of his nightmares for years.

but that time it was different, lead by his worry when he nodded.

he explained every detail he could remember, felix rubbing his back when he cried harder and humming along with it.

jeongin lifted himself out of his chest, face stained by tears and hair still messy from how much he had been moving around in his sleep.

''i won't leave you, pup,'' felix promised, taking his face in his hands and bringing himself forward to kiss him. ''and i do love you, i promise. no acting, no lying. you're my baby.''

''just-'' jeongin stammered. ''i don't wanna lose you.''

''you won't,'' he insisted, peppering kisses over his face. ''and you are a good alpha, even if i'm not an omega.''

''thank you,'' the younger breathed. ''i love you so much.''

felix hummed the tune to a song, slow and soothing and making jeongin feel the rumble in his chest.

he couldn't make out what song it was with how sleepy he suddenly felt, felix swaying them from side to side lightly and lulling him to sleep.

before he could even warn him, he was already unconscious, asleep against his chest.

the older carefully laid him back down, hugging into his side and feeling warm.

it was too hard for him to go to sleep without giving him one more peck on the lips, jeongin still subconsciously responding before he already went back to just hugging into him.

jeongin turned to cuddle him properly, pushing him against his chest lightly and making felix laugh softly.

''you're so sweet,'' he mumbled. ''making me feel so loved without you even knowing.''

the younger hummed in content, breathing out a deep sigh and a small smile forming on his face when his face had turned so much nicer.

from then on it became a ritual for him to shower him in kisses and tell him he loves him each night before he went to sleep, trying to make sure jeongin didn't have nightmares anymore.

-

soft :)