Hope Is Not The Goal

"Courage is found in unlikely places"

The students have gathered in the grand hall, where Alaric and Sheriff Matt Donovan are standing at the podium to update them on recent events.

"Given our recent influx of monsters, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Alaric announces as Matt takes his place at the podium to address the students.

"Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night." Photos of Dana and Sasha are passed throughout the aisles of students.

"Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Matt, jaw clenched with worry, steps aside so Alaric can return to the podium.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now, while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha happened to be found by monsters..."

"Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools..." Alaric briefly looks at Josie, Parker and Lizzie in the pews in front of him before moving on.

"Which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make a difference." Lizzie, with a look of determination, stands to her feet and buttons her blazer before turning to face her fellow students.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day... because that is what heroes do." Lizzie states as she turns towards her father.

"So, I volunteer as tribute."

Kaleb stands to his feet to volunteer. "I'm in."

MG, wanting to keep an eye on Kaleb, stands up as well. "I'm in, too."

In a surprising turn of events, Hope stands to her feet to volunteer for the trip." I'd like to help."

"Well that was unexpected." Mutters Parker, before the school assembly has a chance to end Parker stands and announces. "Count me in."

Everyone stares at Parker in shock. "What, I'm well versed in high school politics and their hierarchy." She remarks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bus for the Salvatore School has just arrived in front of Mystic Falls High School, where it immediately catches the attention of all of the students congregating outside. The cheerleaders, who are at morning practice, can be heard as MG departs the bus, followed by Hope, Kaleb, Lizzie, Parker and Landon.

Even more students are staring at them now, which doesn't go unnoticed by Lizzie. She tries to work the attention to her favor by strutting purposefully down the sidewalk and pretending not to see the onlookers, but her attempt ultimately fails when Landon, not paying attention, walks right into her and knocks her off balance.

"Sorry! Sorry." Landon apologises profusely.

Landon looks bashful as he apologizes for the misstep, especially when Connor and his jock friends start laughing, but Lizzie just glares at him in annoyance.

"I was making an entrance, mophead."

"Sorry, I just had a flashback of my freshman year here..."