The Restricted Section

Lily Potter, Hugo Granger-Weasley, Lorcan Scamander, and Lysander Scamander sprawled their homework assignments on the table they sat at the library, "We've been here for a month, and we already have enough homework to last a lifetime. All the teachers talk about is O.W.L. this O.W.L. that." Lily complained. Lorcan and Lysander agreed, but Hugo frowned, "Well, I like homework, and besides it's crucial that we do well on the O.W.L.'s in June, because they will help us get us a good paying job, so we can be successful." Hugo rambled. 

"I have quidditch to play. I don't have time for excessive homework and studying." His cousin stated.

"How do you even play quidditch? You should spend your free time studying." Hugo combated.

Lorcan frowned, "Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm a Ravenclaw, but isn't your sister Gryffindor's quidditch captain, Hu?"

Hugo shrugged, opened his Defense Against the Dark Arts book, unraveled a scroll, and began an essay, "She is. I don't know how she plans on passing her N.E.W.T.'s this year."

Lysander chuckled, "Rose will be Rose. All she ever talks about is Quidditch this Quidditch that. I still laugh at remembering her look of revulsion when I asked her for a book in third year."

Lily and Lorcan laughed, but Hugo frowned again, "I don't understand why she hates reading and school so much. She said countless times over the summer that if she wasn't quidditch captain she'd drop out. How can someone drop out of school? So much educational opportunities missed."

"Uncle George, and Uncle Fred too, dropped out in seventh year. My dad didn't complete seventh year and Merlin knows your dad didn't either." Lily told him sternly, "Besides, you didn't have the Headboy in your house. All Albus talked about was his badge. Uncle George said he acted like Uncle Percy."

Hugo dotted an 'I' aggressively, "I know that, Lily. But we don't have a war against Lord Voldemort to hinder our studies. Also, you seem to forget I'm a prefect, and I hope to be Headboy one day."

Lorcan touched Hugo's red and gold 'P' pinned on his shirt. "I can tell. Just because Lily and I didn't make prefect doesn't mean anything. You and Lysander can do your prefect stuff and Lily and I can do our average student stuff."

Lysander spun his yellow and black prefect pin. "You're just jealous that Joseph Quincy got it and you didn't." 

Lorcan vigorously shook his head, "No, I'm not. Look at the time, the library's closing! Good thing my homework isn't due for another three days." He stood up, and turned to leave before remembering something, "Meet you in the kitchen at midnight?" The other's nodded, and he sped off to the Ravenclaw common room.

Hugo shook his head disapprovingly, "That boy will be the death of me with his procrastination." Lily and Lysander chuckled. 

Lysander looked out the door his twin just exited, "I'll be off too. See you later." He quickly packed his bag, and went off.

Hugo finished up his essay quickly while Lily packed up their books. Hugo neatly rolled his parchment and placed it in his rucksack. "I'm ready, Lily." 

The two cousins were about to leave when Lily smirked, "Look what I nicked from Albus." She swung her rucksack around and produced the invisibility cloak from it. She also took out the Marauders' Map, before swinging the rucksack back over her shoulder.

Hugo looked at the clock skeptically, "How did you get that from Albus? He's a Slytherin so you can't search through his stuff." 

Lily pulled Hugo behind a bookshelf and flung the cloak over them, "Restricted Section." She whispered, barely audible. Hugo only nodded, and the two of them ventured into the restricted section, as the librarian shut off the lights. Hugo muttered 'Lumos' under his breath, and the tip of his wand lit up. Lily noted how the light was dim, only enough to let them see. She had no clue as to how he did it. Maybe that's why he received a 115% on his first Charms exam four years ago, she thought. Snapping back to reality, she went to pull a book off the shelf when Hugo stopped her, "These books can scream," he whispered, "We have to pick which one we want strategically. I don't want to get caught, I am prefect." Lily only nodded. Hugo ran his hand across the spines of the books, before pulling one gingerly off the shelf.

"Sands of Time?" Lily read, while Hugo blew dust off of the cover. 

He smirked, "Let's show it to Lorcan and Lysander tonight." He placed it gently in his bag. 

Lily placed the cloak back over them, "Let's head back to the common room." They wore the cloak until the exited the library. When the made it to the common room, in unison they said, "Huckleberry." And the Fat Lady portrait flung open. To their surprise, the common room roared with life. Two first year girls were giggling in the corner, a group of fourth years sat with Weasley Wizard Wheezes products that Lily knew Hugo would confiscate once he saw them in use. On the good couches, sat the quidditch team, minus Lily, with Rose Granger-Weasley pacing in front of them. When she saw Lily she smiled, and waved her over. With nothing better to do, Hugo followed. Lily sat next to the keeper, Sandra Jones, and Hugo sat on the armrest next to Lily. 

Rose glanced oddly at her brother, "What are you doing, Hugo? You're not on the team."

"I know, but I'm with Lily.'

"Fine." She turned towards the team, "Saturday is the match against Hufflepuff, and I heard they have a fantastic new beater, Ansley Grevely, who is ready to smack you with a bludger at a moments notice. They have an amazing team this year, and we need to win. We have practice at 5 every day for the rest of the week. Be prepared."

"Grevely? Where have I heard that name from?" Jones asked.

"Her brother, Adam, is a fourth year Ravenclaw." Patrica Hyll, one of the chasers, told her.

"Now that that is cleared up. Meeting dismissed." The quidditch team left, leaving only Rose, Lily, and Hugo. While the meeting was going on, the common room had emptied itself. 

"So how has school been going?" Rose asked calmly. Both Lily and Hugo shrugged. "I've been alright. Albus and I have been busy lately, with him Headboy and me Quidditch Captain. How's my little prefect of brother doing with the responsibilities?"

"It's not bad." He replied simply.

"I wasn't a prefect, and I'm glad about that. Did I ever tell you that Freddie, Roxy, and James threw me a party?" Rose shrugged it off, making Hugo laugh and shake his head.

"They did for me too." Lily said, "I wonder what they are up to now." 

"No idea, but I'm heading off to bed." She ruffled her brother's curly brown locks. "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the grim bite." 

Hugo just smiled, "Sleep tight, Rosie" Once she left, Hugo turned to Lily, "Meet here at a quarter to midnight." Lily nodded and they headed their separate ways.

" Lily nodded and they headed their separate ways