What Happened?

Hugo and Lily meet by the couches at a quarter to midnight, in their pajamas and slippers. Lily held the Invisibility Cloak and the Marauders' Map in her hands, while Hugo had the book they borrowed from the restricted section, "You didn't tell me how you got the cloak." Hugo whispered. 

Lily smiled, "I just asked Albus for it, he said to give it back to him on Monday."

Hugo's eyes widened, "You get it for the whole weekend?"

Lily nodded, "Yes. But come on let's get to the kitchen." She flung the cloak over Hugo, and went under it herself. They moved as quietly as the could through the dark halls. They met Lorcan at the top off the stairs, and Lily hopped on Hugo's back to make room under the cloak. Once they made it to the fruit bowl portrait, Hugo stepped forward and tickled the pear, revealing the entrance to the kitchen.

Lysander was already there. He was talking avidly with a house elf named Winky. "Hey, Lysander, Winky." Lily said smiling. She put the cloak and the map on the table, while Hugo cautiously opened the book.

"Hugo? It's midnight on a Friday, why are you reading?" Lorcan asked as Hugo released a breath when the book didn't scream.

"For your information, Lily and I snuck this book out of the Restricted Section. I was making sure it didn't scream."

Lysander walked away from Winky holding a tray with four glasses of butterbeer, "Hugo? Breaking the rules?" He joked.

Hugo glared at him, "Where am I now, Ly?" Lysander only shrugged. "Anyway, it's called Sands of Time." 

Lily looked over his shoulder, but her butterbeer down, and picked back up the cloak and map, as if afraid something bad would happen. She read aloud, "Tempus adit harenas bisque."

That's when it happened, sand flew out of the book, covering the four students. Lysander coughed as the world seemed to spin. Each person held onto something. Lorcan tripped over his feet, and fell to the ground, but besides that nothing happened. "What happened?" Hugo asked slowly, observing his surroundings. He still had the book, and Lily still had the map and cloak

A house elf they had never met, and they had thought they knew everyone walked up to them. To their surprise, he was wearing a pair of socks and several hats. He was dragging Winky, who looked drunk. "Who are you? Dobby as never seen you before." The house elf spoke.

"You're Dobby!" Hugo exclaimed, "This is bad, this is really bad." He muttered as an afterthought. He crouched down to see eye to eye with Dobby. "Hello, Dobby. My name's Hugo. Would you mind taking us to see Albus Dumbledore, please." 

"Dobby will take Mr. Hugo and Mr. Hugo's friends to see Dumbledore, because Mr. Hugo is so nice. Reminds Dobby of Master and his Wheezy. Does Mr. Hugo need to see Dumbledore in the middle of the night?" Dobby said.

Lily crouched down next to Hugo, "Hi, Dobby. I'm Lily. There is no need to call us mister and miss, and can you take us to see Dumbledore now, please. It's an emergency. And the other two boys are Lorcan and Lysander." 

Lorcan and Lysander shyly waved as Dobby spoke again, "Dobby will take you to Dumbledore now! Follow Dobby." Dobby lead the group down the corridors until they stopped in front of the gryphin door. To their surprise, it was opened. Dobby walked in, and the others followed warily.

Dumbledore was awake, despite the late hour. "Hello, sir. This is Hugo, Lily, Lorcan, and Lysander. They appeared in the kitchen and asked to see you right now." 

Dumbledore smiled, "Thank you, Dobby. You can go." Dobby scurred off, and closed the door behind him. Dumbledore eyed the children suspiciously, "I suppose there is a reason you're here. Not everyday does four children I've never met appear at Hogwarts in the middle of August." 

Lily, Lorcan, and Lysander were in too much shock to speak, so Hugo hesitantly spoke, "I'm not sure how it happened. But I'm pretty sure we're from the future."

"