I'm Dead?

"What?" Fred asked gobsmacked. He hadn't been expecting such a blunt question from the Scamander boy, "I'm not feeling down." But he knew the other's could see right through his lie, especially George.

"Freddie, that's one of the biggest lies you've ever told me. What's really wrong." George asked softly.

Fred decided to be blunt in his question. What's the worst that could happen? I could be dead, he thought grimly, "Am I dead?"

Everyone stared at him in shock, "Of course you're not, Freddie. You can't be." George tried to joke off, but Fred could see he was actually scared at the possibility. George looked at the future kids for confirmation, and when none of them could meet his eyes, he quietly asked, "Right?"

Hugo bursted into tears, and Lily comforted him. George's spirits sank faster than an anchor as his eyes started to water, "He can't be. He can't be." He muttered repeatedly under his breath. Fred pulled him into a hug. Most of the Weasley's, including Lily, had to stop themselves from sobbing.

Having his suspicions confirmed felt worse than Fred expected, even after readying himself for the blow. "When?" 

"The final battle. 2 May, 1998." Lorcan answered painfully.

Fred's eyes widened; he didn't expect it to be so soon. He wanted to be strong however, for George, "Let's make this happy again. Tell us about the joke shop." 

Hugo composed himself enough for him, Lily, Lorcan, and Lysander to explain the joke shop. It wasn't upbeat, but Fred was grasping to every word. George was only half paying attention, instead clutching to Fred's shirt. He wasn't sure he was ever going to be alright. Even his optimistic future wasn't bringing him joy. His other half was going to be DEAD in three years time. 

"LUNCH!" Their mother called from downstairs. The Weasley siblings wiped tears to try to stop suspicion, and everyone left but Fred and George, who still sat on the floor. Fred stood up, and held out his hand for George to grab. He lead the two of them to eat.

When they got there, everyone had just started to eat. Mrs. Weasley went to get them a plate, when she noticed that George was quietly crying. She immediately stopped what she was doing and went to her fifth son. Knowing George wouldn't talk, she turned to Fred, and whispered, "What's wrong?"

Fred didn't answer, just walked over and made himself a plate. George slowly made his way away from his mother, and made himself a plate as well. He sat down, and wiped his tears, and said so quietly, it was barely audible, "Mum, I'm fine." His look made it clear he didn't want to talk about it.

Lunch was silent. Mrs. Weasley was still concerned for her second youngest son, who was fiddling with his food. Tired of not knowing, she looked at all the children, who seemed abnormally sad, "What happened? I want an answer." 

The children looked at eachother and Hugo was the first to talk, "The future happened." 

Sirius stared wide eyed at them, "You told them who died!" 

Hugo shifted his weight uncomfortably, "Not everyone. Just one person." 

Mrs. Weasley went over and hugged George, "George it's okay." George couldn't answer, as if he had a stopper in his throat. "That's the future, George. It hasn't happened yet. Don't you grow to have a family, Georgie? Think about that, if you want to think about the future." 

George whispered, "You don't understand, Mum."

"Imagine how it would be if someone found out they were dead?" Mrs. Weasley told him. George had to do everything in his power not to turn to his twin.

"Mum, please drop the subject." Mrs. Weasley reluctantly did so.

"Just telling you children, there is an Order meeting tonight. You will get to tell everyone who you are." Sirius told them.

"Will we be able to go home?" Lysander asked quietly. Sirius shrugged.

Hugo put his head on the table, still muttering that it was his fault. Lorcan put a comforting hand on his shoulder.