You're A Mean One, Mr.Grinch

Amber Waters

"Everybody this is Rodrick. My fiancé." She giggled holding onto his arm while flashing her ring.

My mouth literally dropped straight to the floor. I'm talking chin on the ground y'all.

While everyone was busy congratulating the two, I ran out the back. The sensation to throw up was felt in the pit of my stomach.

"Congratulations you guys." Vanessa muttered awkwardly before following me out, grabbing Andre away from the chocolate chip cookies on the table.

I made my way to the play set my parents had in the back for the kids and sat on one of the swings, with my face pressed in my hands on the verge of tears.

"Did you know they were still together?!" Vanessa interrogated Andre who was shoving a cookie in his mouth. "Nah I ain't know either. I'm just as shocked as y'all." Cookie crumbs flew out of his mouth as he spoke. Causing both of us to scrunch our faces up in disgust.

Now I know y'all are confused, so let me fill y'all in. Adrian isn't really my sister. She's technically my cousin. My father's older brother and wife died, when she was 3, in a car accident and my father swore he'd raise her as his own. Which he did. He just didn't treat her as his favorite little girl. That was me. Ever since we were little she's made any and everything between us a competition or she's tried to set me up for failure. She's always hated me growing up, and I never put two and two together until we were older. I just thought she was mean as hell, but I've come to the conclusion that that bitch is jealous of me because of the relationship me and my father have. It's just something she'd never be able to actually feel so she takes it out on me.

So, in high school, Roderick her now "fiancé" and I were really close. I mean not at first, we were friends by association because he hung out with Andre when he first moved here. But even after Andre graduated, Roddy and I were still pretty close and I started to even like him. And I thought he liked me too, at least that was the vibe he was giving off. So Adrian hyped me up and convinced me to make a plan to shoot my shot at him. Adrian, and Vanessa were the only ones that knew about my plan because they were supposed  to help me execute it.

Mind you, this was when I was naive and didn't realize Adrian's true intentions.

Everything was going good that day and it was about time for me to put my precisely thought out plan into action and there was NO way I could fuck this shit up. All of us sat at his lunch table, so I was gonna pull him to the side and ask him.

When I walked into the lunchroom with Vanessa, she noticed a girl sitting with Rodrick. And as we got closer we realized who that girl was and this is when I finally realized how much of an evil bitch my 'sister' actually was.

His arm was around her shoulder and their hands were interlocked. She glanced at me with a smirk and topped it off with a wink.

To keep a long story medium: Adrian stole Rodrick from me and that's why we haven't spoken to each other in years.

"She's mugriento (grimy) as hell for that." Vanessa folded her arms kicking at rocks in front of her. "I can't believe brody famous though." Andre spoke.

"I mean I can believe it bro always had talent, it's just damn it's crazy to actually see that shit happen."

Everybody didn't always believe in Rodrick becoming a big rapper. Shit half the niggas in high school said he couldn't rap. Including Adrian, which makes this whole thing even worse. Andre and I were his first supporters. He started to gain attention around the time I was planning to ask him out and I guess Adrian finally peeped that. I guess that's one reason why she chose to cross me.