I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause

Momma had us all be dressed in ready to go to a 'surprise place', which just ended up being Snow Mountain, to have some family bonding time. Snow Mountain is basically a theme park named Stone Mountain that turns into a winter wonderland when it gets cold. There's fake snow, you can ski and sled and other shit like that. The kids were gonna have a ball, but me? Yeah no this wasn't my ideal way of bonding.

I looked around the lodge as everyone chatted it up with their significant others. Even the twins had their girlfriends with them. Which was weird because they were twins too, but whatever.

I decided I was just going to go sit by one of the large open windows and watch people ski down the mountain

I decided I was just going to go sit by one of the large open windows and watch people ski down the mountain. I wasn't really in the mood to be out in the cold and I just felt lonely being the only one here without a significant other. Even the Christmas music playing reminded me of how big single I was as Mistletoe by Justin Bieber blasted through the speakers.

Over the speakers I could hear someone calling my name out obnoxiously. "Ambuuuuuh."

I turned around searching for who it was to be met with a wide grinned Rodrick. "Aye, bro. Why you not coming out tube-ing with the fam?" He asked plopping on the couch next to me.

"It's more fun to watch y'all embarrass y'all selves then to be the one embarrassed. Plus that mountain big as fuck that shit looks scary."

"Come on, if Cree and Chloe can do it so can you."

"I don't know Rodrick." I hesitated.

"I'll help you I promise. I won't let anything happen."

I smiled feeling butterflies in my stomach.
"Okay, I guess." I said finally giving in. Making his once big smile even bigger. "But wait what about Adrian?"

He kissed his lips before waving me off. "She's busy with that Christian nigga and Chlo." He looked back watching them interact. "She not even paying me no mind."

Looking at Roddy I could tell he was kind of bothered by the whole situation. But the type of person he was, he'd never say it. He was to prideful for that. I wanted to say something so bad, but I wasn't finna ruin his happiness.

❄️

"And you thought this shit wasn't gone be fun." He spoke while we trudged up the mountain one last time with snow tubes in our hands. We had been doing this shit for a couple hours now. And I'm not gone lie it was fun as hell.

"I'm glad you made me come out here. Thanks Roddy." I stopped mid stride plopping down on my tube, eventually making him do the same.

"Roddy? Damn you haven't called me that since high school. You've been hitting me with the government since I seen you."

I smiled looking down playing with the ring on my finger. I didn't wanna call him Roddy because it brought back memories.

"You know–." Rodrick began to speak but quickly stopped. I looked up at him and then to where he was staring at. In our line of vision Adrian and Christian could be seen kissing. And not just no regular degular ass kiss either. That was some passionate ass shit.

His expression scared me a little as he visibly clenched his jaw. Roddy was a fighter. Always has been and he didn't play about that disloyalty shit. So lord knows what he was gonna do.

He got up from his tube, but so did  I. I grabbed his hand squeezing it.

"Roddy."

He stared at them for a little longer before turning away and pulling his hand from mine. "You ready to go?" He spoke lowly before heading back down the hill.

The walk back to the lodge was silent. I could feel the anger radiate off Rodrick but I could also see the hurt behind his eyes. My heart shattered because he really loves that girl and she did him dirty. We decided to dip from the snow park. Everyone was going to stay for the Christmas tree lighting and laser show at midnight but I wasn't up for it and neither was Rodrick. Surprisingly, nobody glanced or asked questions twice when we told them we were leaving. Not even Adrian herself. That's how I know she's fucked up in the head.

As soon as we entered the house we both made our separate ways. I didn't wanna bother him. I think he needed his time.

I got in the shower got out and put on a cute Christmas onesie. It was blue with white snowflakes, short sleeved and instead of leggings they were shorts. I pulled my hair up into a messy fineapple bun letting a few curls hang across my face. I wanted to check on Roddy. So I got up and went to his room.

❄️

I'm not dropping the next part til I get like 5 comments from different people on this guy.