Santa Tell Me

The clock next to me on the night stand flashed 5:23 AM. I sat up on the edge of the bed, pulling the lamp chain causing the light to turn on and flicker. Slipping into my bedroom shoes, I pulled my suitcase out of the closet packing all the clothes I unpacked back into the suitcase.

I decided I wanted to leave this town forever and never look back. Dramatic I know but whatever.

I slipped on some grey leggings, an old black Nike hoodie I stole from one of the twins, and some black uggs. I decided I was gonna just call my parents in the morning when the woke up and make some bullshit excuse up about why I was leaving. I couldn't deal with leaving everyone while they were up. I knew Andre and Vanessa would be disappointed in me and I didn't want the rest of my family trying to guilt trip me into staying. Even though it was one more day until Christmas.

I picked up my suitcase closing the door and tipped toed down the stairs. I made my way through the house to the front door and noticed the front porch light on but didn't think much about it. When we were younger we used to leave it on all the time.
Opening the door, to my dismay I was met with a confused Andre smoking a blunt.

"Watchu doing?" His eyes gazed at the suitcase in my hand. "You leaving?" He questioned while ashing his blunt on the ash tray next to him.

"What are you doing? Why you up so early smoking?" I asked deferring the question, placing the suitcase down next to me.

"I'm use to waking up this early for work and I ain't wanna sit in the house. The sunrise is real pretty at this time." He spoke while staring out into the sky.

I nodded my head and played with the strings on my hoodie hoping he wouldn't ask me any more questions.

"Sit down."

"But I-." I started to protest but he shot me a look that instantly made me sit my ass down in the chair next to him.

His eyes shot towards me inquisitively before re-asking me the previous question. I ran down what happened last night.

"So you just finna leave cause of ol boy?"

My eyes automatically rolled in my head. It was a habit.

"Girl I'll punch the shit outta you do that shit again." He spoke sternly. I forgot he hates when I roll my eyes at him but he ain't my daddy so fuck him.

"I mean what the fuck else I'm supposed to do Dre? I don't wanna be here and see the two reasons why my life here was so terrible. Nothing about this screams that I'm gonna have a jolly time. I don't want to stay here in Darvey." I expressed.

"Your life was terrible? What?" His face scrunched up.

I nodded my head folding my arms.

"You so dramatic it don't make no damn sense how the hell did that small ass situation make yo life terrible?"

I was taken aback by that statement. "Can I just go, Dre?" I pleaded desperately.

"So you just gone let her win bro?"

"Uh, yuh."

I thought it was obvious that's why I was leaving!

"Stop feeling so fucking sorry for yourself Amber. This shit finna come out real disrespectful but that's yo fucking problem. You a quitter. When going gets tough all you do is fucking run away and claim the world is out to get you. But aye look if that's what you wanna do then be my guest. I just know mama and pops ain't raise us like that."

My face frowned up and I looked down into my lap.
"Then tell me, what should I do?"

"Ion know shit, do some. Boss up. Get back at her. Don't let her win."

❄️
short part 🤘🏾🤪 vote & comment.
I pretty much wrote the rest of the book already🙃