You See Each Other After The Break Up - Pt 2

When you fell asleep, you were woken up by the sound of your doorbell. You laid there for a few moments hoping whoever it was would just go away. They didn't. So, you threw your blankets off in annoyance and went downstairs. You looked through the peep hole and guess who it was, Mr. Heartbreaker Zach Dempsey. You stood there for a little bit not wanting to answer, but you finally did. "What do you want?" Your eyes were still puffy, red and stained with tears. He looked at you and his face fell meaning he knew how hurt you were. "I was just stopping by to see if you were okay." It fell silent and you were really irritated by him at this point. He wants to see if you're okay? He literally broke your heart. You went to close the door on him, but his foot stopped it. "Y/n, look I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry for hurting you and breaking your heart. I'm sorry for moving on. I'm sorry for everything." You stood there staring at him, and honestly if looks could kill, well he'd be dead. "Keep your name apologies, Zach. They don't fix anything and evidently, they don't mean shit to me." He sighed, and scratched the back of his head. "Well, you should know Chloe and I broke up." You sarcastically laughed at him, and rolled your eyes. "What? Is that supposed to make me feel better? It doesn't change what you did, Zach. You broke me and for what?" You waited and he just stood there. "Exactly. I never want to see nor talk to you ever again. Leave." His face turned sad, but he turned around and left. You slammed the door and locked it. You didn't cry this time though. It was a different feeling.

-

The next morning you woke up, feeling somewhat better than before. You knew you'd have to face Zach again but you no longer cared. You got up, got dressed and ready as usual. Kissed your parents goodbye and then drove to school.

Your hair

Your outfit

Your outfit

Pulling up to school was always the worst now

Pulling up to school was always the worst now. All you had was anxiety and you really hated Liberty in general. This time you didn't text Jessica and Hannah. You actually wanted to be alone today. So, you tried your best to get around. In your first period, you didn't even sit with them. You sat in the way back of the classroom hoping nobody would interrupt your alone time. Zach walked in with his crew and you noticed he didn't seem as happy but whatever it isn't your problem. You sat there drawing and writing notes. Jessica, Hannah, and Clay would occasionally try getting your attention but failed when the teacher told them to stop talking. At lunch, once again you sat alone. You were unbothered by it and were completely fine, until you were interrupted. Hannah, Jessica, Clay, and Justin all sat at the table you were at and they didn't look happy. "Hi. What do you guys want?" You said, eating your lunch. "Why are you ignoring and avoiding us?" Jessica asked, you could tell she was mad. "You didnt even call or text us back to let us know you made it home. You were pretty upset yesterday." Hannah said and they all agreed. You thought about it but didn't feel like talking. "I am-" Justin cut you off. "Stop the bullshit, y/n. You're not fine and neither is he." Justin was talking extremely loud and everyone in the cafeteria turned their heads towards you guys. (why is this school nosey as hell?) "You're broken cause he fucked up, and he's broken because he knows he fucked up and you won't forgive him. You're not fine." You were very agitated at this point but since Justin just started something you were going to get your point across. You stood up and yelled as well. "You know what? You're right. You're all right. I'm not fine. Okay?" You looked over at Zach, but he was already looking at you. "I put all of my time and trust into someone who paid me dust. Who made me feel as if I was nothing. I was so replaceable and maybe I was. But, do you know what's funny, Justin?" You looked back at him. "He's broken? Him? He's broken?" You pointed at Zach. Justin nodded, "Y/n, don't do this. He knows he made a big mis-" You cut him off. "Mistake? You call that a mistake?! No. A mistake is something you do that wasn't intentional, but you learn from it. What Mr. Zach Dempsey, Liberty High School's biggest heartthrob did was a CHOICE." Zach put his head down. "Y/n, please stop." Jessica said trying to grab you. "No," You said backing away. You paused, you were kinda going crazy, but you were hurt. "You know what I really am, Zach?" He didn't look at you. You walked over to him, grabbed his chin and - gently - made him look at you. "Look at me. Do you know what I REALLY am?" He didn't answer. "I'm in love with you. I really am. I was so happy with you. I could be myself around you, we laughed, we smiled. The memories of us, they just keep playing and playing in my head and I cannot get it to stop." You were crying, and talking much lower now. "I'm angry, and I'm so broken. So, no. I don't forgive you. Not now at least. Maybe some time in the future, but right now you're just another..." You paused and thought for a moment. ".. Student at this school." You got up and grabbed your belongings.

Maybe causing that scene wasn't the best thing, but at least he truly knows how he hurt you now. Zach will always be the love of your life, but at this very moment you don't need him. Maybe you'll come around one day....