Chapter Twenty-Four.

A car starts to pull up towards their own, coming to a halt, causing Tommy to walk forward. The three fo them were in what looked like maybe an old factory? a loading space? Liz wasn't entirely sure as she looked around, but it sent shivers down her spine none the less. Michael notices her squirming in her seat as they stay inside of the car, as per Tommy's instructions and pulls her hand into his own, squeezing it tightly. Not much has been said between the pair since Charlie was taken, as they had been pretty much up every hour searching for him, but they knew no words were needed when they knew the end the goal. Find Charlie. Liz had pledged to Tommy that no matter the circumstances, no matter what was to happen or what they had to do to get him back, she was in, all the way. Tommy could put a gun, a knife or any sort of object to harm or kill in her hand and she would carry it without hesitation. 

"I asked you to come alone and unarmed" Tommy says to the man infront of him, another man in tow. He had a wide brimmed hat on his head, his beard long and a waking stick in hand. 

"Yeah well, alone I aint never gonna do am I?" Alfie Solomons responds, coming to a stop infront of Tommy. "And as for the cane, don't worry 'bout it, that is just my sciatica. It always plays up around winter and summer solstice" Alfie is looking around the place, catching Liz's eye in the car, but then averting his attention back the man infront of him. 

The two continue their conversation, Tommy asking for what he paid for. Information. Liz's breathing was heavy as her chest started to feel tight. She could feel something was going to happen, something wrong. She would sometimes feel like this, but it only started since she shot Changretta's arm. 

"Hey" Michael whispers, glancing at his girlfriend. She turns to face him "It's going to be ok" he smiles, kissing her on the nose. She closes her eyes and gives a small smile, resting her head on his shoulder as they watch the scene before them unfold. 

"Then income your curious fucking gyppo question. I won't ask, but um...here is the list of the men who would buy a Faberge because of their wife's obsession" Alfie gives Tommy a weird look as he hands over the last piece of paper. Tommy reaches in his pocket and takes out a roll of notes, handing them over to Alfie who thanks him. 

"Oh thank god" Liz breathes, seeing Tommy turn to walk towards the car. As he does, he opens the pieces of paper, reading them. He then stops, turning the paper over and over again, looking for more writing but there was none. He instantly takes his gun out of his jacket and points it at Alfie, then the man with Alfie pulls out his own gun and points it at Tommy. Liz's stomach sinks.

"You left a name off the list Alfie" Tommy says, not moving his gun away.

"Did I?"

"yeah. I've already spoken to my people in the jewellery quarter, experience dealers. They tell me there are only three men in Britain whose wives are obsessed with Faberge. Makes them good customers. You missed the richest one off the list"

"Yeah well if you knew already, then how come you dragged me all the way out into the fucking oggin' mate?" Alfie slurs, lifting his cane slightly to point towards Tommy. Liz was now leaning forward in her chair, hands on the seat infront but also the handle to the door. Michael's hand in fists in his lap, his jaw clenched. 

"You've crossed the line Alfie" the conversation continues, Liz already missing parts of it where she was panicking too much and the little voice in her head was trying to tell her to stay calm, Tommy can handle himself. 

"You fucking what?" Alfie's eyes widen.

"You've crossed the line"

"The line?"