A Mad Encounter

Being the daughter of the Caterpillar had its ups and downs. 

You had a lot of friends, most of which were also residents of Wonderland. However, those who you didn't feel like associating with typically avoided you. Maybe it was because of the resting face you gave off, which was a bit on the meaner looking side. Or maybe it was because of all the strong incense that you liked to surround yourself with. Who knew?

All that mattered to you was getting through school and eventually signing the Storybook of Legends to become the next Caterpillar. 

You were going to have fun spending a bunch of time alone doing nothing but giving people meaningless and distorted advice.

Too bad you still had a little ways to go before that happened. Right now you were helping some other students decorate for this weird festival that's going on. There were rides, booths, and a whole lot of decorated trees.

When you looked up, you watched as Kitty let go of her ice cream while on the swings. It flew back to hit Duchess in the face. Then, Kitty let go of her other ice cream as well. Man, did you love your friends!

You felt a hand land on your shoulder. "Come along. It is off with the dress."

Turning around, you were greeted by Lizzie. "Oh, the new designs out already?"

"Of course! Follow me."

You, along with a bunch of the other girls, followed Lizzie up to her and Duchess' dorm. And, as promised, Lizzie prepared some hexcellent dresses for everyone. 

As you all stepped out in your new outfits for the season, to say everyone was staring would be an understatement. As you walked down the steps to join the festivities once more, you felt a presence next to you. You looked over to see as Kitty finished morphing on her new outfit. 

"Wow, thanks for finally joining us. Oh, and with a new outfit too? You tryin' to charm me?"

Kitty gave out her little chuckle, "Please. You wish I was."

You both laughed together as you went to continue spellebrating.

As everyone was having fun, in the distance you saw someone. You got Kitty's attention by grabbing her shoulder and shaking it, "Hey! What are you-"

"You see that?"

She looked in the same direction you were. Her irritation turned into curiosity as you both started heading over. Some other Wonderlandians followed as well. 

As you got closer, the blonde hair became too familiar to not notice. 

"Alistair?"

Upon hearing your voice, the boy looked up from the rabbit in his hands. His cheeks were red and he stared at you, seemingly in a daze. "[Y/n]..."

You got closer to him and poked his chest a couple of times, "Is that really you, or are you just some hallucination?" You gave him a cocky grin as he shied away a bit from your touch.

"Uh, yeah!" He cleared his throat a bit to get rid of the high pitch his voice had taken, "I mean, yeah. I-I'm, really here."

He set the white bunny onto the ground as he gripped his satchel strap in one hand and tussled his hair with the other. He gave you a nervous smile.

"That's great! It means that I can do this." Then you wrapped your arms around his neck and brought him close to you. You buried his head into your neck and hugged him tight. You couldn't see how red his face had gotten. But you could definitely feel as his slightly trembling arms wrapped around you to squeeze you just as tight. 

You tried to let go after a few seconds, but Alistair didn't let go. So you just re-wrapped your arms around him and let him stay as long as he pleased. He must have missed you guys a lot. Not even Kitty trying to break the silence with various 'ehems' could break Alistair out of his trance.

"Alistair, is that you?"

Lizzie's voice was what finally made Alistair hesitantly let go of you. "Yeah, it's me." His nervousness seemed to finally go away, however, his cheeks still had a tinge of a pink hue.

It seems as if his arrival interested a lot of people. A crowd had formed around you guys. Duchess danced up to Alistair and looked him up and down, "Oh, and who is this?"

Maddie jumped up between the two with hexcitement, "Everyone, this is Alistair Wonderland, son of Alice of Wonderland."

Lizzie gasped, "And is that?"

"Yep." Alistair gestured to the white bunny on the ground. Then she jumped up and turned into her human form.

"Bunny Blanc at your service. Daughter of the White Rabbit."

You were about to run up to Bunny to give her a hug, but then Sparrow Hood came to the front of the crowd. "Woah, wait. You're a girl!"

You started to approach her before you stood in front of her, "Hey, Sparrow, babe, don't flirt with my friends without my permission, okay?" You pinched his cheek and gently pushed him away from Bunny. "Sorry about him, he'll flirt with anything in a skirt." Bunny gave out a cute giggle.

While everyone else started crowding Alistair a bit more to know why he was here, you grabbed Bunny and stepped a little away. "So, how have you two been?"

"Oh, you know. Same old fairy tale." She waved her hands in nonchalance, however, you could tell that she was a bit bothered.

"Has he really not put any moves on you yet?" Bunny shook her head in disappointment as you smacked your forehead in frustration, "Honestly, what is he waiting for?"

"Maybe he just doesn't like me like that..." She looked down, looking about ready to cry.

You grabbed her shoulder, "Oh, come one, Bunny! You're a cute girl. Maybe you should be the one to initiate something."

She folded her hands in front of her in nervousness, "Yeah, maybe you're right."

"Come on, I'll even help you. That sound good?"

"Yeah. It really does." She finally gave you a smile as you two headed back into the circle with the others.

Neither of you had noticed Alistair's passing glances as the two of you talked, or the irritation on his face during your and Sparrow's encounter, or even how he kept looking at you to see your reaction when Duchess had approached him. Nope. Neither of you had noticed at all.