The Date

"So, where are we going?"

Alistair continued to follow your fast pace, and refused to let go of your hand, yet, he still had no idea where you were leading him.

You continued walking but turned to face him, then you pushed one of your fingers up to his lips. "Shh! It's a surprise, Silly!" You stuck your tongue out at him and turned back around.

Goodness, the things you did to him.

Finally, you made it to the meeting place. You stopped a few feet, where it was out of sight due to some plantation. You turned back to face him and let go of his hand.

Alistair almost reached out to grab your hand once more, but stopped himself as your fingers started gliding over his chest. You were straightening out his jacket. He almost started trembling from your touch, he felt euphoric. He almost gasped as you started to tussle his hair and observe his face. He wanted nothing more than to pull you close and kiss you for as long as his lungs allowed.

Then, all too soon, you pulled your hands back and flashed him a smile, "Ready for your date?"

"Date?"

He thought he was gonna collapse right then and there. Was he having a date with you? Did you just ask him out?

"Yep." Then you went behind him and grabbed his shoulders, "Go get em', Tiger!"

Before he could ask anything else, you pushed him through the trees to reveal the table set up.

He got ready to turn back around and ask what was going on, but was interrupted by a soft, familiar voice.

"Hi, Alistair."

He whipped his head back around, "B-bunny?"

There she stood, in a (f/c) dress. She nervously pushed her hair back a bit as he looked over her new attire. Then his eyes focused on the table of food.

"What is all this?"

"It's just that," Bunny looked around nervously, "I-the girls. They set this up for us. You know, since, we've been a bit distant lately. I mean, it was an idea for us to talk a bit. You know?"

Alistair was speechless. He was still beyond disappointed with the situation. He was sure that he was finally going to have his moment with his soulmate. Yet, here he was, stuck with a girl he considered just a friend. Was everyone really that clueless?

He looked to the ground as he thought over everything. "Alistair? Why don't we sit down for a bit. Everyone was so nice to set this up for us."

After glancing back towards the romantic dinner, he dragged his feet over and collapsed into his chair. He stared down at the dinner as his armed remained at his sides.

Bunny quietly made her way over and sat herself in her own chair. She set her hands down in her lap. Why was Alistair being so weird.

She rubbed her hands against her knees a bit before grabbing her fork, "Why don't we eat a bit before it gets cold. Wouldn't want it to go to waste, right?"

Alistair didn't reach for his fork. He just continued to stare at the table, as if he was dead.

Bunny took a few nervous bites of her meal, but eventually, she couldn't take the silence any longer.

"Um, Alistair. I have a few words to say to you." She put down her utensil and looked at him, he didn't raise his head, "Alistair?"

She almost wished she hadn't said anything as his head raised in the slightest bit. His eyes were dark and empty. It scared her.

She gulped as she stopped her hands from shaking. She felt herself grip the tablecloth as she spoke. "A-alistair, I, um, we have known each other for a long time. And I, well, I feel as if we have a... special connection. I've been feeling this for a while now, and I just felt like it was the right time, I guess. I just, can't imagine being with anyone else, and I just-"

"Bunny."

She almost jumped as she heard his voice. He sounded so menacing as he spoke her name. She reluctantly looked up from the table to meet his gaze, and was met with the same dark eyes.

"I'm sorry, Bunny, but I think I should go." He stood up to leave, and she stupidly decided to stand up as well.

"Why?"

He stopped. Then he turned, and stepped very close to her. "Because I don't love you, Bunny."

The words slapped her in the face. Then, his next words continued to deliver harsher blows.

"Whatever fantasies you have... are completely fictional. You've never been nothing more than a person I considered a friend. And that will never change. My heart has always belonged to someone else. And just like our friendship, my feelings will never change for her."

She was crying by now. She was scared, and confused, and heartbroken.

Bunny could do nothing but watch as Alistair turned back around and disappeared into the vegetation.

Her heart hurt from the rejection, but more than that...

She was terrified for the unfortunate girl that captured Alistair's heart.