Plan B

Hi, I know I've been gone for literally forever, and I'm so sorry. Obviously these rewrites are taking longer than any of us thought, but you guys deserve an update, so I'm just gonna keep going along and writing these for you guys, and I'll only focus on rewriting stories that are actually already finished. I still don't have a schedule for when I'm gonna update, but hey, at least I'm literally not dead anymore!

Once again, I'm really sorry you've had to wait so long, please don't be too mad at me, and please enjoy this update, I hope the wait is somewhat worth it.

________________________________________________________________________________

You were on edge for the rest of the week.

It had all been proven to be true. Alistair's strange behavior had all been confirmed by himself. The guy you grew up with. You couldn't believe that. But you had to, right?

'But he likes you right?'

Great, there was that voice again!

How were you supposed to do anything when this voice kept on trying to get you to swoon over someone you couldn't trust?

You tried your best to focus on your daily life instead, but the voice did its best to turn your attention back to Alistair whenever it had the chance.

'What do you think Alistair's doing right now?'

'If we're thinking about him, he must be thinking about us too, right?'

'We should go find him, and tell him the other day was just a big misunderstanding!'

You quickly gave your forehead a swift, firm knock with your fist. Your vision became a bit blurry, but at least the voice was gone for now.

"Hey...you doing okay?" Looking over,  Bunny looked back at you with a concerned look. You gave her a strained smile.

"Yeah, haha. Just, you know...us Wonderland folk are a different breed I guess." She continued to give you a concerned look, but eventually decided to go back to her lunch. Quickly your smile was wiped off your face and you also looked down at your meal. 

You didn't know what to do.

You haven't told anybody about Alistair. You should have, you know that, but for some reason, something was holding you back. Was it that inner voice? You needed to tell someone.

"Bunny, I need to tell you som-"

"Hey."

That voice.

It made your heart leap, but it made your mind sick.

It made both you and Bunny freeze.

It made her come back.

'Turn around, darling. You know you want to.'

Slowly, you and Bunny both looked over your shoulders to look at the owner of the voice. Alistair stood there. His hands in his pockets, with a nervous smile on his face. His eyes darted between the two of you. 

'There he is! What are you going to do now..?'

Quickly, you stood up. Standing in front of the still sitting Bunny, you put your hands on your hips. "What are you doing here, Alistair?"

He put his hands up defensively, "I was just trying to find Bunny. Can we talk for a moment, Bun?" He tried to look past you to make eye contact with her, but you stepped to the side to block his view.

"No you can't. She doesn't want to talk to you."

"Oh come on. I want to apologize to her. I've been under a lot of stress, you know, and I haven't been acting like myself. I've been a real jerk." His eyes seemed to be pleading you to move. But you held firm.

"I don't care. You hurt Bunny's feelings-"

"[Y/n]." Bunny's soft voice made your face turn softer, as you looked back at her.

"It's okay. I'll hear him out."

She stood up and went to walk past you, but you put your hands on her shoulders to meet her eyes. "But...the way he made you feel."

"We've known Alistair for forever. This was one time. Maybe he really was just feeling different that day." She seemed so sure. It didn't seem like anything you would say would change her mind. Oh curses! Why didn't the two of you eat lunch with Lizzie or Kitty.

By yourself, you knew nothing you could say would stop her,, she was too love struck, even after what had happened.

So, with a heavy heart, you let go of her shoulders. You didn't watch as she walked past you to join Alistair. You didn't see how Alistair smiled at her ever so sweetly, and held out his hand. You didn't see her take it, or see them walk off. 

And although you didn't see it, you knew Alistair hadn't looked back at you, not even for a second.

"Where could she be?" The four of you were waiting in the courtyard. Lizzie, Kitty, Maddie, and you all sitting in a circle, playing cards, and waiting for Bunny to come back. 

She had gone off with Alistair, and even as the sun started to set, none of you had seen her since then. 

When you had told the three of them about what had occurred during lunch, they were all in your face, practically screaming about how you shouldn't have let her gone, or at the very least, shouldn't have let her gone alone. Eventually, you were able to explain how nothing you said would've stopped her, but you definitely were kicking yourself over the fact that the thought of going with her never crossed your mind.

And now, here you all were, waiting for your friend to return. Originally you were worried about her coming back in tears, once again being hurt by Alistair. But now, you were concerned with seeing her at all.

More time passed, the sun barely peaking over the horizon now.

"That's it!" Kitty threw down her cards and stood up, "I'm gonna go look for her. If anyone wants to join me, be my guest."

Just then, the four of you heard rustling in the bushes nearby. 

Looking over, you all stood up and put yourselves on high alert. The rustling got closer, until someone emerged from the bushes.

It was Alistair, "Hey guys." He waved at all of you, and held a friendly smile.

None of you smiled back.

Lizzie walked up to him, "And where exactly is Bunny?"

Suddenly, more rustling came from the bushes. This time, Bunny popped out. She too held a friendly smile. There were no tears or running makeup as you expected. Instead, she seemed completely fine, gleeful even.

"I'm right here!" Her voice was so cheery.

The two of them came closer to the rest of the group, and when they got closer, that's when you noticed, their hands were clasped.

"I-uh..." You were confused, as was everyone else, "So...how was the talk?"

"It was great!" Bunny held up her and Alistair's intertwined hands, "We're...dating now!"

"What!?" The four of you all sprung up on her. Nothing any of you said could be understood, since you all kept speaking over one another.

"Well, like I said earlier," You all looked over at Alistair and ceased your murmuring as he spoke, "I was just, not in the right mind earlier. And, I feel so horrible for what happened earlier." He looked down sweetly at Bunny, "I'm just so happy, I've been given another chance." Bunny looked up at him as well. 

They looked so happy. So in love.

Your heart was leaping again, but this time it seemed, for a different reason.

'Look what you've done now idiot! He's moved on!'