A Visitor

To say you were a little on edge would have been an understatement.

With Alistair still missing, yet somehow able to leave you things undetected, Bunny still being upset and confused, and that stupid book still missing. Everything in your life seemed to be completely upside down.

You hadn't told anyone about what had happened. How could you? 'Oh hey, Bunny, I know why Alistair was acting like that now. Turns out, he's actually attracted to me instead. Ha ha, anyways...'

Yeah, no. That wouldn't go down well. Turning over in your bed, you let out a quiet groan with your conflicting thoughts.

But what was even harder to think about, was how you felt about everything.

You had never thought about it before, but Alistair was really handsome.

And, he liked you.

Just the thought made butterflies appear in your tummy.

Someone who was strong, and handsome, and swe-

Wait a minute!

You shouldn't be having these thoughts, should you?

No,no,no.

Alistair was not who he seemed to be, right? He was unbelievably mean to Bunny. Clearly that wasn't something good and wouldn't be very healthy in a relationship.

But that was just what Bunny said.

She could've been lying. Who knows what really went down? The only two present were her and Alistair. It was her word against his.

But, Bunny had no reason to lie.

Maybe when she was rejected she didn't want you to be with Alistair either.

What...?

You must be going crazy. Sure people from Wonderland weren't known to be normal, but you had never heard voices in your head like this before. What was going on in your head?

Your thoughts were interrupted by tapping on your window.

Sitting up quickly in your bed, you had to stop yourself from screaming. A silhouette stood outside your window. They're hands cupped themselves around their eyes as if to help see into the room.

You couldn't see who it was.

You decided to just turn your back to the window and close your eyes. It must have been in your imagination, right? With all the strange things going on, it made sense. But the tapping happened once again.

After a minute, you decided that you couldn't go to sleep like this. Hoping it was still a figment of your imagination, you turned back around to face it. But, it was gone.

What?

Getting out of bed, you approached the window and slowly pressed your hands against the glass.

You let out a yelp and fell back onto your bottom as the figure came back in front of you.

This time you knew what it was, and you let out a gasp before covering your mouth.

Looking over to your roommate, you held your breath as she stirred slightly. Once she went still again, you looked back to your window. 

Getting up, you cautiously opened the window a crack, "Alistair?"

Your whisper was very faint, you weren't even sure he could hear it. Yet, he still shushed you and motioned for you to step closer to him. 

With your faces an inch apart, he whispered, "Get dressed."

Your confused stare did nothing to deter him. After a couple of seconds, you decided to just do as he told.

You gave him a slight nod before closing the window again and drawing the curtains closed.

As you picked out your clothes, you looked towards the clock. It was so early, what was going on?

Once you had gotten yourself dressed, you went back to the window to meet him again.

When you had pushed it open slightly, he brought his hand in and pushed the opening even wider. Then he outstretched his hand towards you.

"Come on."

"What?"

"I have a surprise."

"I, " you hesitated, "Alistair, what's going on? Bunny says you've been acting weird. Where have you been?"

"That shouldn't matter right now. I promise I'll explain everything to you, but I need you to come with me now."

You put your hand in his, "Okay."

He helped you through the window, and you quickly wrapped your arms around his neck. 

The two of you were a bit high up. You were standing on a thin ledge. How were you supposed to get down.

As your gaze stayed on the very far away ground, Alistair wrapped one of his arms around your waist. Then he started climbing down the mossy vines that clung to the walls of the dormitories. 

Wow, he is really strong.

Stop it. You should be investigating why he has been acting so weird. Keep your eye on the prize.

But what if you want him to be your prize.

Lost in your thoughts, Alistair let out a laugh. "I never knew you were one for being held."

Snapping back into reality, you looked into his eyes, then to the ground. He had made it down, yet you still had your arms around his neck. This time though, you were being carried in a princess hold.

You quickly maneuvered your way out of his grasp and tried to ignore your embarrassment.

He gave another chuckle and placed his hand on your shoulder, "You're just as cute as always."

He thinks you're cute?

See? Bunny must have been mad that he chose you over her. He's being his usual, sweet self.

But is he really, or is he planning something?

"Um, Alistair-" he grabbed your hands gently into his and started walking backwards with an excited look on his face.

"You're going to love what I have planned for us this evening." 

Then, he let go of one of your hands and turned to face wherever he was leading you.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: So, I'm gonna try and update my Ever After High stories on either every 10th of the month, or every 2nd Saturday. We'll see if I can actually stick to it. If you're curious about my other updating schedules, I can make an announcement about it. Anyways, hope you liked this chapter, I finally figured out what I'm doing in this story, so that should be fun.