08

"Why do we have to go there? I'll.. I'll see them."

Beomgyu smirked. "Of course you will."

"Can I just stay at the entrance? I think that place is much more safer." Yeonjun suggested.

"What do you mean? You have to guard me. You are my guardian after all." Beomgyu said.

Yeonjun gulped. "O-okay."

When they arrive at the place, Yeonjun stood frozen on his place.

Beomgyu raised hin a brow. "Ya! Yeonjun. What are you doing?"

"I feel sick. I think I just have to go back home. Bye." Yeonjun said barely breathing.

"Nope." Beomgyu said grabbing Yeonjun by the arm, forcing him to enter the graveyard.

Yeonjun shut his eyes tightly.

But, a cold touch sent shivers down his spine.

"Don't mind them." Beomgyu clamly said.

"How are you able to say that so calmly, while I'm here feeling like wanting to remove my eyeballs?" Yeonjun said keeping his eyes tight shut.

"I'm more scared of the living, than what had passed. They can never hurt me, while the living can bring the opposite thing that they give." Beomgyu said.

"Are you saying you're scared of me?" Yeonjun said.

Beomgyu scoffed. "Why would I be scared of you? With the likes of yours? I don't think so."

"Harsh." Both chuckled in return.

"Yeonjun."

Yeonjun heard a soft whisper. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Beomgyu asked as he placed flowers on top of the graves.

"It was calling my name." Yeonjun whispered as he walked away from his place and followed the voice.

"Hey! Yeonjun! Choi Yeonjun!"

"Yeonjun." The voice said.

Yeonjun was unsure where he's headed. It was an unidentified force that made his feet drag him to the certain place.

"Yeonjun."

A beautiful lady stood out from the darkness as it circles Yeonjun, caressing his cheeks and the back of his neck, making Yeonjun smiled.

The lady stood infront of Yeonjun as soon as the poor boy fell under her spell. The lady opened his mouth ready to dig her fangs into the boy's flesh.

"Choi Yeonjun!" Beomgyu screamed, snapping Yeonjun from his state.

Beomgyu stepped infront, confronting the lady, pointing his sword at her.

"Oh, I was just trying to have some fun." The lady hissed.

"Shut up!" Beomgyu screamed. "Yeonjun, run."

Yeonjun stepped back, before running away from the situatuation.

"So its just you and me-" The lady gasped as it felt a sharp object pierce through her pale skin.

"Nope. Just me." Beomgyu said, then, removed the sword from her skin drawing it back to its proper place, watching the lady vanish, as she turns into ashes.

Beomgyu huffed. "Now, where could he be?" Beomgyu asked to himself.

"Yeonjun?" Beomgyu called out before walking around the field to try and find Yeonjun. "Where did he go?"

Not even a minute passed, a small voice called out. "I'm right here. Can I come out now?"

"Yeonjun?" Beomgyu asked before being able to find him in an edge of wall, all curled up like a ball. "Yeonjun."

The other whimpered out as he let tears fall down on his face.

Beomgyu can't help but let out a sigh as he approached the boy.

"C'mere." Beomgyu said and Yeonjun closed the gap between them by pulling him into a tight embrace.

"What-what was that?" Yeonjun asked.

"Vengeful spirit." Beomgyu replied.

Yeonjun pulled out from the hug. "What do you mean?"

"Well, there are spirits who had died with a soul seeking for revenge." Beomgyu answered making Yeonjun tilt his head.

"Why is that?"

"They died with unjustified death. They were killed, without a reason, by heartless human beings."

"So, that means I can become one, too?" Yeonjun asked.

"Yeap. But only, if you hold a strong grudge upon them." Beomgyu replied as he stood, helping Yeonjun up. "C'mon. We better go, we don't want you getting hurt again."

"What do you mean?" Yeonjun asked dusting off his pants.

"The kind of spirit that just attacked you."

Yeonjun gulped. "You mean.. I'll be able to see them, again."

"More than you think."

"Y-you mean.."

"I mean, a lot, Yeonjun. A lot. Now c'mon."

Yeonjun went pale. "How much longer do I have to be your guardian?"

"I don't think its 'you' that is the guardian. Its me." Beomgyu said.

"O-oh. I'm sorry. Why would you even choose a wuss like me? I suck at everything. I don't even know of I can defend myself." Yeonjun said with sadness in his tone.

"You'll be able to do it, one day. Trust me. You'll probably be able to see something that you didn't know you had."

"Really?" Yeonjun's eyes sparkled at his remarks.

But it all went down when Beomgyu spoke again. "Yeah. For example, your stupidity."

Yeonjun's mouth twitched. "Yah!"

"What?"

Yeonjun pouted crossing his arms. "Am.. am I really that stupid?"

Beomgyu sighed. "I was just kidding, you idiot."

"Now, I'm an idiot? What else?" Yeonjun pouted.

"Silly." Beomgyu said before ruffling Yeonjun's hair, then, moving to near the car.

"What the hell?" Yeonjun said.

He held his chest area, where he felt his beating heart.

"My heart just skipped a beat."