𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I should have been watching where I was going. Are you okay?" He asked as he helped the other boy up from the cold, hard ground.

"I'm fine," the smaller boy sighed as he picked up a few of his books that had scattered everywhere.

"Hey, let me help you with..." Mark froze as the younger boy looked up at him. He instantly recognized the large honey orbs, the scruffy brown hair, the sun-kissed skin "... Hyuck?"

Hyuck's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he looked down and continued to pick his belongings, that were still all over the floor around them.

"Why are you here?" Mark asked as the two of them stood up so they were facing each other.

"I could ask you the same thing?" Hyuck let out in a rather quiet voice.

"I go to school here," Mark exclaimed, his brows furrowing in confusion about the whole situation.

"so do I," the younger responded.

"Did you transfer here or something?" Mark asked, trying to piece this puzzle together.

"no, I've been here since freshmen year" Hyuck explained, his voice small and shakey.

"how come I've never seen you around?" Mark asked, still confused "what year are you in now?"

"um, Junior," Hyuck responded. His voice still quiet.

"but... How? What side of the year are you on?" Mark asked, still just as confused, if not more.

"x side," Hyuck answered.

"Oh. Makes sense now. I'm on Y side. But how have I NEVER seen you at school?" He asked as he looked at the younger.

"I don't know. I hide in the shadows a lot. I mean, I've never seen you either sooo..." Hyuck explained quietly.

"fair enough. Where are you going now?" Mark asked.

"Library," Hyuck responded with one word.

"oh, do you wanna come grab something to eat with me first?" Mark offered, as he gave the younger a small friendly smile.

"sure. I normally sit alone, so... why not" Hyuck smiled back.

×××

The two made their way through the school, talking about how they had never seen each other and how it was weird that they had met the same way both times. Bumping into each other because Mark was being the antisocial weirdo he is.

When the two finally entered the canteen, Mark spotted his new group of friends on the other side of the room. He started walking towards them with the younger in tow.

As Hyuck walked he could feel his head throbbing and his vision getting blurry. But when he spotted the boys smiling and waving at Mark who waved back, he stopped in his tracks.

Mark quickly turned around to see the younger holding onto his arm. He looked to see him looking at the boys who now all had worried expressions.

"Hyuck? Are you okay?"

Those were the last words the boy heard before completely blacking out.

×××

As Hyuck opened his eyes, the sudden light that attacked them brought back the agony that was attacking his head. He slowly tried to sit up from the nurse's bed where he was laid.