𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

The next morning, Mark woke first. The light from the streetlights seeping through the windows and into the room waking him up. As he came to consciousness, he realised the younger boy still lay asleep on his chest.

Mark played with a few of his brown curls as the boy continued to sleep, emitting small snores every now and again.

Mark liked this.

The feeling of happiness.

The feeling of peace.

The feeling of absolute bliss.

The feeling of calm.

The feeling of...

... His thoughts kicking in just had to ruin the moment. As all the negative ones made their way through his mind, the previous positive thoughts faded away. Leaving him with the agony of every bad thought he had ever had rushing through his mind.

Unfortunately, Hyuck just so happened to wake at the worst possible moment.

The younger boy sat up, allowing his eyes to adjust to the light of the room. He looked to find the older boy staring into the distance.

"good morning, Hyung" he giggled as he rested his head back on Mark's chest, embracing the warmth he radiated. Mark didn't respond though. He hadn't even noticed the younger was awake. His mind to busy twisting and turning with thoughts nobody ever wished to think.

"Mark?" Hyuck called, sitting up so he could see the boy clearly.

"hm?" Mark hummed as he snapped back to reality, looking at the tanned boy in front of him.

"are you okay?" the younger asked quietly, furrowing his brows in concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Let's go to school, yeah?" Mark smiled, lifting himself and the younger off the couch.

He was lying. Of course, he was. He couldn't tell Hyuck of all the things that were swarming his mind as well as the numerous ways he could ease the pain. He didn't want to hurt Hyuck anymore than he was hurting himself. It wasn't worth it. Not for the world.

×××

When the two arrived at school, they were greeted by the others as normal. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood today. Things were going well. Ten and his posey seemed to have backed off from Hyuck now that he was surrounded by people again. They all sat and had lunch together, laughing at the way that Jisung and Chenle were fighting over who would become the dance club captain. Chenle was adamant that Winwin would take over Ten's place this year. Whereas Jisung thought it was time for a younger, fresher mind to take over.

When lunch came to an end, all the boys started making their way to their classes. All except Hyuck who had decided to pull Mark back so they could talk for a bit.

"Hey, are you okay? You've been quiet today" Hyuck asked, worried about the older.

"I'm fine. Just because I told you I'm suicidal aswell doesn't mean you have to all of a sudden care more about me" Mark huffed, pulling his wrist from Hyuck's grip.

"I'm not, you just seem particularly quiet. I just wanted to make sure you were okay" Hyuck explained as he jogged to keep up with Mark who had started to make his way down the corridor.

"Hyuck, I'm fine just go to class and leave me alone" He instructed, his tone harsh and assertive. He sped up his pace before walking down one of the corridors, leaving Hyuck standing at the end, watching him from behind as he walked to his class.

He had never seen Mark like this. Honestly, it scared him a little but that didn't mean he wasn't going to make sure his friend was okay. He cared for Mark, just as Mark cared for him.

×××

When the two boys got home, Mark headed straight for his room, not wanting to say the wrong thing to Hyuck and opting to avoid him instead.

Hyuck sighed as he sat on the couch, trying to decide what to do next. He decided to make a list of all of his options:

•𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒎- 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

•𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆- 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆

•𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕/𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈- 𝑾𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒖𝒏

•𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝑱𝒆𝒏𝒐- 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔
•𝑾𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓- 𝑮𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒚

•𝑨𝒔𝒌 𝑱𝒂𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒆- 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

Hyuck read over his list and nodded to himself. He had an idea of what to do, now, to put it into action.

__________

Another short one.

Just bear with me, I think I have an idea of how to get where I need to be now.

I hope you liked the chapter even though it wasn't very eventful, It was more of a 'next step' or 'filler' chapter.

Thank you for reading, 💕

😊👏🏼💚