𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

"I'm not. And you know what, your not the only suicidal person in this house"

Hyuck froze as he looked up at the boy who stood above him. "What?" was all he could whisper. Time froze as he looked at Mark. The boy he thought seemed so happy and full of life was... Suicidal.

Mark slowly moved to sit in front of Hyuck. Both kneeling on the old tiled floor of the kitchen.

"I'm suicidal too Hyuck" Mark confessed, bending his neck to look Hyuck in the eyes as the younger look to the floor. "I've been suicidal for some time but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make you feel any worse. When I first met you, I was on my way to the old bridge on the way into the city. You saved my life and I'm glad it was you. You are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. And since then things just kept getting better. I felt like I was getting my life back together. But over the past two weeks, while you've been avoiding me, everything just came crashing down again" Mark explained, watching Hyuck fumble with his hands as he talked.

Hyuck looked up, his eyes innocent, red and glossy as individual tears trickled down his cheek. Mark bought his hand up to cup Hyuck's cheek. The younger instantly flinched away, Marks hand having pressed against the bruise on his cheekbone. Mark frowned sadly before opting to take Hyuck's hands in his own instead.

"I'm sorry" Hyuck murmured quietly.

"What? What for?" Mark snapped back, confused by the younger's apology.

"for making everything worse. I should have just spoken to you. Instead, I decided to ignore you and make everything more difficult" Hyuck whimpered as the tears began to quicken.

Mark quickly pulled the younger boy into a hug which he instantly complied to. "there is nothing for you to be sorry about. It's not your fault and I don't blame you at all. Sometimes, the anxiety and depression take over and you can't think straight or start to overthink everything" Mark muttered as he held Hyuck closer.

The younger rested his head into Mark's shoulder as they hugged, avoiding the cuts and bruises that covered his face and neck.

"Now, are you going to tell me what happened?" Mark asked as they broke the hug apart. Hyuck nodded slowly before being helped up by Mark and making their way to the couch.

"so..." Mark started once they had been sat in silence for a few minutes.

"it was Ten," Hyuck started.

"I knew it" Mark commented.

"I mean, it was, but it wasn't" Hyuck continued.

"what do you mean by that?" Mark asked, not fully understanding the younger.

"he's the one who pulled me aside. But since that day, when I heard you in the halls, that was the first day that he made Yangyang do it. And Ten said that he did so well that he gets to keep doing it. So technically it was Yangyang... But I don't want you to do anything to him. Promise me you won't hurt him" Hyuck panicked.

"But he hurt you Hyuck. Don't you think he deserves to be hurt in return?" Mark asked, thinking that he was being reasonable.

"no. You don't understand" Hyuck sighed, throwing his head back against the back of the couch.

"then make me. Make me understand" Mark insisted.

"he's my friend" Hyuck stated.

"some friend" Mark commented, ending with Hyuck giving him a glare.

"are you going to let me continue," Hyuck asked sassily. Mark motioned that he zipped his mouth and threw away the key before nodding.

"I've known Yangyang for a long time. He was my first friend and my next-door neighbour. He moved just as we started high school. He was always alone because I was obviously with Jaemin, Renjun, Chenle and Jisung. I noticed that he was always getting bullied. So one day I decided to confront them. Unfortunately, Yangyang had already sorted himself out and had become one of their 'friends'. I'm guessing that's the day they decided to bully me instead. I don't want you to hurt Yangyang because he's just protecting himself" as Hyuck explained, Mark wanted to but in so many times but decided it best not to.

"fine. I won't hurt Yangyang. Just promise me, if anything happens, you'll tell me" Mark said sternly but with a bit of sincerity in his tone. He held out a pinky and smiled to Hyuck.

"promise" Hyuck smiled softly, interlocking their pinkys before resting his head on Mark's shoulder. "Hyung... Thank you" Hyuck spoke quietly as his eyes began to feel heavy.

Mark smiled to himself as he felt Hyuck slowly feel heavier as he fell asleep. Soon enough, Mark joined Hyuck, falling into the endless dreams and wonders of sleep.

But both boys fell asleep with something else to say that night. Something neither wouldn't have the confidence to say the following morning.

Something along the lines of...

I love you

__________

Sorry, it's short and probs a bit shitty but I hope you like it none the less.

I feel like I'm losing this book a little so I might not publish tomorrow depending on if I can find where I need it to go or not but I will try my best.

I hope you can bare with me while I find my place again.

Thank you so much for reading, you guys mean the world to me 💕💕

😊👏🏼💚