Just a Traitor's Daughter

"So Percy betrayed Olympus?", someone from the Athena table asked.

Chiron spoke softly,his voice with sadness,"yes. He and the others betrayed Olympus"

"No they did not Percy would never do that and neither would Jason! The gods betrayed them they cast their heroes into Tartarus because of a prophecy they were even sure about!", my head was spinning now. Behind me the bonfire roared with a mix of colors. Obviously people weren't sure what to believe.

"How come you're the only one who remembers those traitors?", someone asked from the Ares table,I think her name was Lisa.

''I...umm....", I stuttered not sure how to answer that. Just yesterday I had no idea who Percy was or that any of them even existed.

" And if she really is a goddess why isn't she on Olympus? "

"Minor goddess!", Dionysus said a little angrily.

" like you?", someone snickered from the Hermes table as the pavilion erupted in laughter and Dionysus looked like he was going to blow a fuse. He rose his left hand and opened his mouth to speak what was probably some ancient Greek spell of intoxication or turn them to mice but Chiron gentle placed a hand on his shoulder and whispers,"that would not be wise. You don't want to invite the anger of the god mischief " .

Dionysus stated at the campers for a while obviously planning his punishment for them later. Clearing his throat he waited for silence,"Yes l,all that Chiron has said is true. Percy Jackson and his friends betrayed Olympus ,he sought to dethrone the Olympians and appoint himself as the new king but like the Titans he too failed and he and all his followers were cast into the depths of Hades where they shall remain for eternity "

"So why tell us now?", I asked," it's not like they'd remember any of it"

"And yet somehow you do,"he said staring at me for awhile then continued," both camps and Olympus were shaken by Percy's madness and after the prophecy.....well, we thought the best thing to do to keep you save was to erase your memories of those traitors and appoint new gods to replace those who betrayed us"

"You talk like he was some kind of monster!", I yelled," Percy saved Olympus ,he saved the world!all of us would be dead if it weren't for them--"

"I understand that you are angry but you must see that even the best of friends can be the worst of foes"

"How can you say that after everything they did for you!"

"Why did he betray Olympus in the first place?", someone asked from the Athena table

" I believe it started after the death of his fiancée, Annabeth. She died in the battle,she and many other heroes. They all achieve Elysium but Percy was furious, he blamed the gods and took vengeance in his own hands by killing every monster he layed his eyes on innocent or not... "Dionysus shivered at the thought remembering the massacre," even today many are yet to reform and the ones who have are too scared to come out of hiding even though Percy is dead..."silence "but his greatest mistake was hunting the children of Zeus who led the war between them and Poseidon's cabin.

" Zeus order Artemis, she was the goddess if the hunt before, to capture Percy and bring him to Olympus but she refused and so Zeus chained her instead and sent her own hunters after her"

"However ",Chiron said"Percy saved her just in time. Zeus appointed his daughter Thalia as the new goddess of the hunt and his nephew Nico as God of the underworld after Hades joint Percy as well" confusion and disbelief spread across the pavilion as I stood there still not sure what to do.

"Aphrodite was the goddess of love before Eros, goddess if love and beauty. She is the mother of most of you who now sit at the Eros table including you Piper. You too were sentenced to Tartarus but your mother saved you...if ever the goddess of love showed such passion for her children it was with this pure, selfless, deed. The kindest love ever shown was when your mother gave her life for yours"I couldn't breathe anymore my heart ached and my head hurt
My mother, the mother I couldn't remember, the mother gave her life willingly to save mine was now suffering in Tartarus forever. A punishment meant for me and all I could do was stand there crying like an idiot. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to stop the tears that ran freely
down my cheeks. I felt a hand rest on my shoulders and look up. My eyes felt red and puffy and I could hardly see through the salty tears but I knew it was Chiron standing there," your mother loved you very much, Jason too"