Monster of our own making

Olympus throne room
Third person

Once everyone arrived Zeus started the meeting. "So I called you here to discuss a very serious matter--"

"Oh gods no!", Hermes paled, "dad are you dying?", Hermes joked as Apollo and Eros grinned.

"No", Zeus said,"I'm not dying--"

Eros chuckled,"could've sworn he'd catch herpes by now".Zeus glared at him but didn't argue.

"This meeting is about Percy", Zeus said and the room fell dead silent as he mentioned the name. "As you are well aware on the day of his imprisonment Percy swore an oath to destroy Olympus". No one answered but it was clear what everyone was thinking. "I believe that he attempts to fulfill that promise"

"But he can't actually escape from Tartatus",Triton said looking very pale,"can he?"

"He's done it before",Athena said, her storm eyes shifted across the room worriedly.

"Yes but even then he had help", Hephaestus said,"he is a prisoner
there now and I'm sure Tartatus would never allow his prize prisoner to escape. Besides, even if he escapes Tartarus he would have to pass through the underworld. I'm sure Nico won't fail to stop him?" The gods look towards the dark throne made of gems and black metal were sat the god of the underworld.

"He will not pass me",Nico said simply as some of the other gods were unconvinced but said nothing.

"You underestimate him", Athena said

"He is just a demigod!",Ares shouted looking at the goddess with clear anger and irritation.

Athena stared thoughtfuly at the marble floor,"and yet a very powerful son of the earth shaker. Percy Jackson was one of the mightiest Half-bloods since ancient Greece, even before he received the full blessings of all fourteen Olympians and who knows how many minor gods. All that power... and now he's immortal and wants revenge. A god? No, Perseus is a monster and of our own making"

"You sound like you admire him", Triton said staring at the goddess with a raised eyebrow.

Athena met the sea god's gaze with cold grey eyes like storm clouds,"I only speak what is true"

They'd probably sat there sizing each other up with the other Olympians watching if Nico hadn't spoken.

"What the fuck is wrong with you people?" Nico shouted as the throne room fell into a stunned silence,"aren't you all Olympians? You bested the Titans twice but your afraid of a sorryass demigod? Um, hello! Newsflash he's in Tartarus for gods sake. He's never getting out and definitely not with the help of a few traitors!"

The gods just sat there with their mouths open as a young god practically just told them they were all stupid cowards.

"But if he does...", the gods aura grew scarier as he unsheathed his weapon. It was a Greek style sword made of Stygian iron and some other metals. It was black mostly but it had a strong aura of dark power around it,so strong you could see the tendrils of energy like green mist wrapping around it. Along the flat of the blade in greek were the words death's touch. Since Hades's helm of power was never recovered after the uprising Zeus gave Nico permission to forge a new weapon. He and Hephaestus worked together to forge it but however it was created is a mystery as the only thing known about the sword was it was powered by dark aura. Nico jammed the five foot long sword into the floor as the marble cracked and crumbled into a sizzling pool of molten rocks. Thick black mist rose from the cracks like smoke and the light in the room dimmed, "...if he does I will kill him myself"

An amused laughter broke the silence and everyone looked at Eros,"well well, someone's grumpy! Woke up on the wrong side of the underworld?"

"You know Eros, for a god of love you sure enjoy making others hate you", Nico said as he glared at the love god with cold dark eyes but Eros only smiled at his victory and making the god angry,"I love it actually"