Chapter 1

Editing takes some time people.

Summary: In the past, he's a man known by many names: The Demon Brat, The Hero of the Fourth Great Shinobi War, the Nanaidaime Hokage of the Leaf. Now, he is known as Fairy Tail's very own guardian angel, an urban legend of the World of Magic, who goes by the name of Fairy Guardian.

"Naruto" Normal Speech.

'Naruto' Normal Thought.

"Rasengan" Jutsu/Power/Technique.

"Kurama" Demonic/Dragon Speeches.

'Kurama' Demonic/Dragon Thoughts.

Fairy Guardian: Resurrection

Chapter 1

"It is that time of the year already?"

The man voiced his thought out loud as he saw a ship approaching the island from afar.

"You say it like it is a bad thing."

He didn't need to turn around to know who said that, because she was someone he was too familiar with.

"It is." He muttered annoyingly under his breath, but the young lady could hear it very well.

Taking an appearance of a girl in her thirteen or fourteen, the young woman had very long, wavy, pastel yellow-blonde hair that reached down to her feet with a single lock pointing upwards; large green eyes with no pupils; peachy skin and a slight child-like build. She wore a frilly, pink layered robe with a red ribbon tied in a bow around her neck. Around the chest, were three blue diamond patterns with two blue triangles above, which each series of these was outlined in hot pink. She wore wing-like adornments around her ears and small hoop earrings.

The ethereal body of Mavis Vermilion was only a foot behind him, standing barefoot on the hot sand and looked at the ship carrying the next generation of her pride guild with a warm smile on her face. It's been a year since the last time any of them was there, and while she was sure that there would be many unfamiliar faces, Mavis couldn't wait to see them. She was, after all, the founder and also the first guild master of Fairy Tail.

"Don't you want to watch?" She asked gently, but Mavis had already known the answer.

"No." Was his short reply before the man stood up from his position on the beach of Tenrou Island and disappeared into the forest without a sound.

Mavis didn't try to follow him, not that she could. Smiling, she floated away, hiding from view when the first mage, a young man with pink hair, accompanied by a blue cat with white wings, an Exceed, arrived on Fairy Tail's Holy Ground. The annual Fairy Tail's S-class Promotion Trial had been started, and to Mavis and secretly someone watching in the shadow, but she still knew so well, it's always been an exciting thing to see, especially the trial that took place five years ago.

Unsurprisingly, the rule was just like the last time. For the first trial, candidates and their partners had to choose one of eight different paths, four of which were connected to another way, so the teams that meet have to fight against each other to continue. Meanwhile, three of them had the current Fairy Tail's S-Class Mages in them, so to proceed further into the trial, the teams that meet them have to fight and win. In the end, there were only five out of eight contestants that passed the first trial.

Moving further into the promotion test, was something new. The remaining participants were given six hours to locate and find her grave, or they would be disqualified. Numerous obstacles make this task difficult, such as fending off giant beasts that dwell in the forest. Finding the tomb itself was also a great challenge because first, the master didn't give any explicit hints or possible clues that could tell where it is, and second, it was a fake grave to begin with. The purpose of this test was to challenge the intellect of the participants, unlike the first one, it was a challenge of strength and magic.