Hunting

3rd POV
Y/N woke up the next morning to see Raven standing outside his small tent.
Y/N: what do you need me to do today?
Raven: you're hunting with me today, I sincerely hope you know what you're doing.
Y/N: I can do what needs to be done.
Raven: I hope so.
The two walked out of the camp area and went into the trees, leaving Vernal in charge.
Y/N: what kind of animal do you want to hunt for today? Boar? Bear? Deer?
Raven: whatever crosses our path Y/N, and I hope you're able to put the thing down, it took Vernal five hunts before she started killing rabbits with ease.
Y/N: rabbits are easy though.
Raven: they really are, but a lot of then younger ones don't want to do this because they're adorable.
Y/N: I can see that, some kids just don't want to hurt a living creature.
A twig cracked some yards away.
Raven: do you hear that?
Y/N: I see it.
There was a boar in the distance.
Raven: alright, grab the bow and take your shot.
Y/N pulled back on the string and took a deep breath. As he did he looked next to him to see Danielle next to him with a hunting rifle. The sound of the gunshot went off being followed by the sound of a high pitched bellow the dragon put out. Y/N let out his breath and fired the bow off without aiming, missing the hog and putting it on alert.
Raven: Dammit Y/N!
Y/N: I'm.....I'm sorry.
Raven: he got away and his guard is up!
Y/N: he won't go far, he was in this area for a reason.
Raven: we could've been back at the camp so much sooner if we got that boat and maybe a deer with a few birds. Dang.
Y/N: we'll get it.
Raven: what made you miss?
Y/N: I saw something....let's go get it.
Raven and Y/N went in the direction of the boar to see a rustling bush.
Y/N: that's not it, that's a Beowulf.
Raven: so what now?
Y/N: it won't attack us.
They kept moving forward as the Beowulf poked its head up from the bush and growled, not moving at all though, just eyeing Y/N. The two continued moving until they saw the boar, staring at Y/N.
Y/N grabbed his knife and threw it as hard as he could, nailing the boar in between the eyes.
Raven: wow....not bad.
Y/N: thanks....let's get this hog back to the camp.
Raven: sounds like a good idea, can you carry it?
Y/N: sure.
Y/N grabbed the pig by the fat and pulled high, putting it over his shoulders and carrying.
Raven: lets hurry back, lord knows how quickly things can go south at the camp.
Y/N: anything can go south within seconds, it all depends if the person listens. Vernal listens to you pretty well, the camp should be fine.
Raven: hey Y/N.
Y/N: yes?
Raven: I need you to work with Vernal for some hours today, I have to stop by some place, I should be back in a few hours.
Y/N: do what you need to do, your personal responsibilities have no impact on me.