Chapter 3

This pic is how I Invision my character Nancy to look. Again it is all about the imagination. Please continue to enjoy the story.

I wanted to be professional when it came to my job but something told me to dress down today so I threw on a pair of blue jeans and a tan sweater. I found this woman to be very attractive, but I didn't need any distractions from my career right now. At least that's what I kept telling myself. The least attractive I was to this woman the better. I took a deep breath, and slowly let it out just before entering the restaurant smiling when I spotted her in the corner waiting for me.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late."

"You're not late I'm just early." I begin pulling out the papers but she placed her hand on top of mine stopping me. "Let's order first." I hesitated. "Its on me. Don't worry about it."

"It's not that."

"What is it then?" How did I tell her that pursuing me was the wrong idea? How did I say I wasn't interested without sounding like a complete ass? Thing was that I was interested I just didn't think this was the right time to start anything with anyone. I was good at running away from things so this should be easy. Right?

"You okay Brandy?" The sound of her saying my name made me snap to.

Nancy

"Yeah I'm good. I think you should just sign the papers and get this over with. I don't want to take up too much of your time."

"You're not taking up my time at all."

"I still think that you should just sign..."

"Are you afraid of me Brandy?"

"Why would I be afraid of you?" I hunched my shoulders.

"You're just giving off that impression." She nipped the corner of her bottom lip and I watched like a Hawk. "Why do I make you nervous?" I asked needing to distract myself from that little innocent lip biting she was doing.

"I just really want to close this deal."

"Don't worry. The deal is going to close. I promise. So are we going to order or are you going to bolt out that door?" Sighing she grabbed her minue and I smiled. Challenge accepted. After eating I stood after paying the bill and she stayed seated looking up at me. 

"What about the papers?" She asked.

"I thought you were going to show me around this place."

"Right now?"

"You're off work today right?"

"Yeah."

"So come on. Show me what this place is made of." She went to biting the corner of her bottom lip again, and I absently reached out gently pulling it from between her teeth. "That shit is driving me crazy."

"I'm sorry." She quickly apologized. She didn't understand what I was saying to her. I rather take that beautiful bottom lip into my mouth instead.

"So are you going to show me around or not?"

"I ah..."

"Don't be scared." She looked away and I slid a finger beneath her chin and gently turned her face back toward me.

"Ah it's probably not a good idea for me to show you around. I don't know many places. But my sister she knows this place like the back of her hand... "