Chapter 9

Brandy

"Can you please come back over?" I sighed as I listened to Nancy's last message. Why wouldn't she stop calling? Why not just leave this thing that was happening between us alone?

Sighing again I turned and poured myself some coffee. It was eight in the morning and I needed to started my day. I looked when Sean Craig's brother entered the kitchen. He had come to stay until he got back on his feet. Sean was a very handsome man. Six-two with a nice muscular build. Clear babyface skin and a nice smile to compliment it. He was everything a woman would want when it came to looks but he was lazy as fuck. The man did nothing but sleep. He definitely didn't seem as if he was trying to get on his feet to me. But to each it's own. Who was I to judge.

"Good morning." I say just before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Good morning beautiful." He gave that crooked smile but I inwardly rolled my eyes. He couldn't get it even if he tried and he tried multiple times. I wasn't some nieve straight woman that fell head over heels when it came to handsome men. Needing to know a bit more about him I said.

"Why are you single?"

"I don't have my shit together." He said with a hunch of his shoulders. "I don't want to drag a woman along." I gave a nod in understanding.

"To build with a woman is better than if you were to build by yourself then get that woman after."

"That's dragging a woman along."

"That's getting a loyal woman. Think about it. If you got that woman while you struggle then build with her you will never question if she is loyal to you because you built an empire together opposed to getting a woman after you built your empire yourself. You just might question her love and loyalty to you."

"I guess you're right. When you put it like that." He gave me a flirtatious stare. "Why won't you give me that chance though?"

"I already told you. I like pussy just like you." He gave a light laugh.

"Come on now. You're too beautiful to be gay."

"My sexuality has nothing to do with looks. I like women that's just the way that it is."

"That shit is just crazy to me. Why are there gay people in the world?"

"Why are they straight people in the world?" I challenged. "I don't care that you're a homophobe just keep your comments to yourself, got it?"

"I meant no disrespect." He said holding up his hands in surrender.

"Yes you did, but I don't care. I'm out." I now needed air after that short lived conversation. "L.G.B.T for life nigga!" I yell before closing the door behind me. I couldn't stand men like him.

"Come here often?" I look to find Nancy standing beside me. That walk I took lead me to the public park. I can relax here. I love kids and the excitement I hear from them when there having fun is a sound I've always loved. No one was more care free then kids. I envied that sometimes.

"What are you doing here? Stalking me?" I had to be a little salty towards her because that outfit she was wearing was so sexy right now and I didn’t want to brake the wall I built up for her.

"Was just walking and seen you." She sat next to me and too close. Her thigh rubbed against mine. I wanted to move away but didn’t want to come off as too much of a bitch. I gave a nod then gave my focus to my phone. I needed the distraction.

"Can we talk?" She ask.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I love my sanity." I could feel her just staring at me.