Chapter 6

Nick gets to us first and even though I was hoping he didn't hear the guys, he did.
"Who are those guys" He says. Me and Nicole look back and fourth at each other for a while before she says "my friends, we met them, I met them at the beach." Bogarts was our thing, We never told Nick or anyone other than our family for that matter about it. I gave Nicole a Thank you look before going in to kiss Nick. No surprise he pulls away. I roll my eyes and go back to sitting next to Nicole. Just then Conor and Chance walk up. "Hey guys" they both says looking at Nick like he doesn't belong here. "Hey man, I'm Chance"
"Nick." He totally ignores Chances hand and turns to me. "Why didn't you order me anything, you knew I was coming" he says furiously. I get up to go order his food and Nick Follows.
"Geez, who's that guy" Conor says
"Ummm, maybe kinda Angels boyfriend..." Nicole says looking for Chances reaction.
He just looks away "him really? he's kind of a douche" Conor says and Nicole agrees. "I knew I liked you for a reason!" Nicole says before covering her mouth.
I get back to the table and Conor's giving Nicole a weird look and Chance is looking out the window like he's in a music video, I take a mental note to ask Nicole what happened while I was gone. As for right now I just want to finish my food and leave.  Chances phone as well as his face lights up "excuse me" he says answering the phone and walking away. I think it's cute how he excuses himself, if it were Nick he'd answer it with everyone around or just walk off. I might have been distracted for a while because when I look back up Chance is already sitting back down. "Sorry, it was Brooklyn" he says placing his phone down. Who's Brooklyn, his mom? His sister? His girlfriend? What did she tell him? She made food? She needs a ride? She loves him? Why was i so interested in who's he talking to, and what's he talking about. Did he have a girlfriend? Wait it shouldn't matter. I have Nick, right? I look at Nick who's on his phone not even paying attention to anything going on. Then look to chance who gives me a small smile "WHOS BROOKLYN?" As if i'm interrogating him. Him and Conor share a look before he says "My daughter, she's 4, and she's the best thing to ever happen to me" I can see how much he lights up talking about her and it's the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed "aww! Do you have any pictures? Of course you do! Let me see some!" I yell practically snatching his phone when he shows me. Looking at the pictures and how happy they both look I can only imagine how good of a dad he is. There wasn't any with a girl though and I wondered who her mom was. Or if they were still together. "Your In too deep" I whisper to myself, somehow Chance hears and I think he thinks I'm talking about his phone and looks alarmed. "Oh, I'm sorry here" I say as I give him the phone not wanting to seem weird. "You Know, Angel wants to be a pediatrician" Nicole says as she pauses eating. "YOU KNOW, they didn't want to know that" I say giving Nicole a weird look and wondering where that came from. "Yeah, but she probably never will be. Maybe a nurse. Yeah I can see you as a nurse" Nick says not even looking up from his phone. Conor and Chance share a mad look and I know, this is only going to get worse. "Well I believe Angel can do whatever she puts her mind too. Women are strong and smart and no one especially not us can tell them what their capable of" Conor says giving me a wink. For once it felt good to actually have someone believe in me. "So you like kids...... wait that came out wrong" Chance says scratching his head. Before I can answer Nicole yells "yeah! She does, when we were little we would play doctor and she would always make me have a baby so she can check up on it and do all that doctor stuff." My eyes go wide because we did some embarrassing stuff as kids. "And when we would play house she would always be the mom, sweeping crumbs under the rug, putting bandaids on me for no reason, cooking fake soup from the plants in my backyard..." "okay that's enough!" I say before she could say too much. "Wow seems like you have a real knack for being a mom" Chance says as he chuckles.
Conor gives Chance a look but Chance brushes it off. Nicole catches it "Yeah, you say that but one day she'll make an amazing mom" Nicole says and smiles at me. "Too bad there's not kids in our future, right babe" Nick says putting his Arm around me. "What's wrong with kids, NICK" Nicole says. "Aside from not liking them, I'm 21! I'm supposed to be living my life and not having to worry about an annoying little thing. How old were you when you even had it?" Nick says rudely. What nick said was mean and everything but all I could think about is how he brought up Brooklyn. I thought this whole time he wasn't paying attention. "I was 18 when I had HER" he says clearly bothered but being civil about it. "If you ask me, You threw your life away. You could be out partying and doing far better things than rasing a child. Ugh, that couldn't be me." Nick says grossed out. Me and Nicole were in shock because Nick was always mean but never this mean. "Nick, what the hell was that?!?" I say to him. He shrugs if off and leaves I whisper to Chance I'm so sorry. Before anything can get worse I decide it's best for us to leave. I say I quick bye to the guys, Unfortunately Nick wants to hang out, so I say bye to Nicole and mention how we have so much to talk about when I get back. I leave Nicole with the guys as they walk into urban outfitters and we walk to the parking lot.