Chapter 12 "Terrible Two's"

It was Layla's second birthday and she was being kind of a brat today. "But I don't wanna get dwessed!" Layla shouted making it difficult to but on her clothes. "Come on baby, we have to get you dressed so you can have your party." you say in a sweet mother/father voice. You finally get Layla dressed after half an hour of trying. You take her to the kitchen and put her in her highchair and make her some oatmeal. You give Layla the oatmeal and she looks at it her a few minutes before knocking it onto the floor, "I want cookies!" she shouts rocking the chair. You sigh and clean up the oatmeal, "You can't have cookies for breakfast. You can have cereal or apple slices." you say looking at Layla. "Cookies!!!!" Layla yells starting to pout. Just then Liu walks into the kitchen, "What's wrong princess?" he asks walking over to Layla. "Mommy/Daddy won't give meh cookies!" Layla says crossing her arms. Liu smiles, "How about some special cookies?" Liu asks. Layla nods her head in excitement as Liu cuts up an apple, "These cookies look and taste like apples. You're favorite." Liu says handing Layla the apple slices. Layla eats the apple slices with joy as you look amazed. "How do you do it?" you ask kissing Liu's cheek. "Magic." Liu says getting himself some cereal. After breakfast Layla had play time and Lulu volunteered to play with Layla as you and Liu went out to get her gifts.

~Lulu Pov~

I was playing with Layla and everything was fine till she noticed that Y/n and Liu were no where in sight. Layla began to cry so I picked her up and began bouncing her around, in no time she was laughing and smiling. Me and Layla continued to play. Soon Layla began to throw toys around and scream. "What's wrong Layla?" I asked trying to figure out why she just started this. Layla just continued to cry and scream so I quickly get her favorite stuff toy. "Look Layla, it's spikey." I said giving her the stuffed lizard. Layla hugged the lizard and everything was fine again.

~Normal Pov~

You and Liu get back as Liu takes the gifts into his room to wrap as you go to Layla and Lulu. Layla smiles, "Mommy!!" she yells and she runs up to you and hugs you. Lulu giggles as you pick her up and hug her back. "Hey Baby." you say putting Layla down. Layla goes back to playing as you talk to Lulu. Soon it was 1pm, Layla's nap time. "Layla. It's time for your nap." you say picking her up. Layla pouts and kicks, "but it's meh Bithday." she says pouting more. "You still need a nap so you can be happy for your party." you say walking to Layla's nursery. Layla cries and kicks the whole way there. You lay her in bed and kiss her goodnight, but as soon as you leave the room Layla gets out of her bed and hugs you, "No nap! I want Mommy!" Layla says hugging you. But you just put her straight back to bed. This goes on for about 45 minutes till she gets tired and falls asleep. You walk to Liu's room and plop onto the bed next to Liu who was sitting and reading a book. "Terrible Two's are kicking in." you say into the pillow before turning your head to face Liu. "Just wait for the horrible three's." Liu says with a laugh. You just groan and put your face back into the pillow as Liu rubs your back. A few hours later Layla comes running into you and Liu's room and jumps on the bed, "Is it party time? Is it party time? Is it party time? Is it party time? Is it party time?" Layla says over and over again. You tickle, "Not yet little monster." you say as Liu joins you in tickling her. Layla laughs and tries to push you and Liu away. You and Liu stop after a few minutes and Layla leaves to go play with her toys. Soon it was party time and you get Layla and take her to the living room where everyone is there and says 'Happy Birthday' to her. Layla wastes no time opening her presents as you and Liu sit on the couch and watch her eyes light up with each gift she opens. Layla plays with her new toys till she falls asleep. You smile at her and pick her up carrying her to bed. You tuck her in and kiss her goodnight as you walk to Liu's room and change into some pajamas and lay in bed with Liu.