Chapter 1

As I listened to my music, I danced around the kitchen while making me a smoothie. I had to be at work in about an hour so I was trying to mentally prepare myself for the day ahead. Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to face my sister Kayla who wore a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes pulling one of the Airpods from out my ear.

"Watch what you do with your eyes, bitch," she said pushing me slightly onto the counter. I rolled my eyes once again deciding to just disregard her while I poured my smoothie into my bottle.

"Keep your hands off me, Kayla. You might see another side of me if you do it again," I said turning back pouring the smoothie into a bottle and placing the blender in the sink. I ran water in it and stopped when it was filled to the top. I would wash it when I get back from work later on.

"Just because you hanging around them fast ass girls don't mean shit. I'll fuck you up, Shannon." I just refrained from saying anything because I was not about to let her ruin my day with this foolishness. "I'm having company over tonight, so try not to come back." I laughed a little causing her to glare.

"Who is it this time?" She rolled her eyes at me and made her way out the kitchen. I grabbed the bottle and my house keys off the counter and headed for the door. Making my way into the hallway, I scrunched up my nose due to the sudden smell of piss. I hurriedly made my way down the stairs because that stench was too much. I hated staying in the damn projects and couldn't wait to move. I was saving money from my checks every time I got paid and already had at least $4,000.

I walked passed all the neighborhood drug dealers on the block taking a sip from my bottle.

"You always drinking that nasty ass kale shit," said somebody behind me. I turned seeing an old friend named Derek and smiled. I shot him a bird before going over there to hug him. I ignored all the men sending me looks and held a small conversation with Derek.

"Nigga, you know i'm a whole vegan out this motherfucker. You tryna try this nasty ass kale shit because it ain't even that bad, D. You the one letting that pork fuck up your brain and kill you." He smirked before mushing my head.

"I'll stick to eating real food, lil nigga. No wonder you so small and in shape. You practically starving yourself out this bitch. But i'm bout to let you get to work with yo cute self." He pulled me in a small hug and kissed my forehead. I sent a smile his way and waved good-bye to him.

Finally making it to my job, I still had fifteen minutes til I clocked in so I decided to sit in a booth and drink the rest of my smoothie. I turned my blue tooth off and just scrolled down my Instagram. I had over 400,000 followers since I did a little bit of modeling on the side and Youtube. I posted an old picture that I had in my phone and captioned it, Certified IT girl Queen bee.

 I posted an old picture that I had in my phone and captioned it, Certified IT girl Queen bee

"Ms. Lisa said clock in," Melanie one of the workers said rolling her eyes. Her eyes gone be stuck like that if she keep rolling them like that. I sighed already knowing how today was going to go.