Chapter 12

Shannon

Shannon

Pulling up in front of the hood apartments, I got out of my car and slammed the door. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and looked down seeing Elijah had texted me. It was at least 10 in the morning when I left his house and I didn't wake him up and tell him I was leaving because I knew he would try and stop me. I didn't text him back,  just put my phone in my pocket and continued walking up the stairs.

Finally getting to the floor of my old apartment, I knocked on the door and patiently waited for my sister to open it.

"Who is it," I heard her ask. I remained quiet and put my hand over the peephole. It took her a minute to open the door but when she did I didn't even give her the time to talk before I jawed her in the mouth. She stumbled back into the apartment and walked in closing the door behind me. She ran towards me trying to grab my hair and slang me but it didn't work out because I punched her in her face. "What kinda sister are you, bitch?"

I grabbed behind her head repeatedly punching her in the face. She was screaming for me to stop but I wouldn't. I kicked her in her face, not even giving her a chance to get up.

"You kept my father away from me," I yelled in her face. She was moving back towards the wall while I walked to her. She was crying and had her hands up stopping me from hitting her. "You made my life a living hell. You stupid, inconsiderate bitch."

There was a knock on the door and someone saying, "NYPD." I felt my insides turning and my palms become sweaty because I just knew I was about to go to jail. Kayla's face was all messed up and bloody. My hands were bleeding and bruised.

"You're about to go to jail, bitch," she screamed before spitting blood at my foot. Opening the door, I held my wrist up and I felt lucky knowing it was a black officer. He wore a mug on his face but it quickly softened when he saw my wrists already out. He looked over at Kayla and then back at me grabbing the handcuffs off his belt and put them on me. Before he could pull me out of the apartment, I had something else to say to her.

"Just know you got what you deserved," I said then let the officer escort me out.

*******

"Turn to the left," the officer said and I did as I was told. She motioned me to her and I came rubbing my arms on the side. I had been silent the entire time, I had been here which was only 15 minutes but it felt like it was longer. I followed her in handcuffs to one of the cells in the back and when we made it there she took the handcuffs off of me and locked me in the cell.

I looked around the small cell that consisted of a dingy ass toilet and sink, and a small mattress that I knew would hurt my back. I sat on the bed bringing my knees to my chest and put my head to them crying my eyes out. My anger was something I could never control and it always got me in bad situations. I tried not to get angry as much because I knew how it would result in the end. Going over to Kayla's was a bad decision, I knew it would end up bad but my anger wouldn't stop me and once I was started I couldn't stop the demon from taking control.

I wondered if Elijah and them were worried about me or was somewhere looking for me. Knowing Elijah, I knew my phone was being blown up by him. He could always sense when there was something up if it had anything to do with me.

Before I knew it, I had cried myself to sleep.

*******

Elijah

8:30 P.M.

"You heard from your girl today, Eli? She was supposed to go to the doctor with us but never showed," Travis asked me as we sat in the barbershop just chilling. We both didn't have any customers at the moment. I shook my head.

"She was gone before I woke up and I was trying to get in touch with her," I said frustrated. She usually would wake me up before she went somewhere so it was kinda weird she didn't do that today. I didn't want my mind to be in the gutter and think the worst but it definitely was heading there. She missed out on Alana's doctor appointment so I already knew something was up because she was excited about going to that.

"She ain't picked up none of your calls," he asked. I shook my head no again. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I unlocked it going to her name in my phone and calling her. Instead of it ringing like it was before, it went straight to voicemail meaning she either turned it off or her phone went dead. I did notice before I left the house that her charger was still plugged into the wall on her side.

My phone started ringing and I immediately picked up. I put it on speaker and was shocked that the jail was calling me. Pressing number one, I heard Shannon voice through the phone.

"Hello, Elijah," she said her voice sounded raspy.

"Baby, what the fuck you did to end up in jail," I asked. I could hear her sniffling and that sound broke my heart.

"I went to my sister and beat her up. Somebody called the cops cause they heard her screaming. I need you to come bail me out, it's $500."

"Alright, baby. I'm on the way to come get you." Getting up out of my chair, I grabbed my keys and wallet.

"I'm riding with you," I heard Travis say behind me. I nodded and we both walked out the barbershop. I just couldn't believe that Shannon went over there after I told her not to now her ass in jail. "Your woman wild as fuck."

"Word, I told her ass not to go over there and now look what happened.she better had fucked that girl up too and i'm not playing," I said shaking my head. It only took us 10 minutes to get there because the station was not that far from the barbershop. We definitely had to get there fast because they didn't mind sending anybody off to Riker's.

We both got out the car and I locked it then followed Travis inside the precinct. I went up to the desk while Travis went and sat in one of the chairs.

"Hi, I'm here to bail out Shannon Moore," I said looking around the station. The lady at the front desk nodded looking in the computer for her name.

"The bail is $500, sir." Pulling my wallet out of my back pocket, I opened it and gave her the $500. She headed towards the back and I assumed to get Shannon from the holding cell.

"Aye, there she is," Travis said from behind me. I looked up from my phone to see Shannon walking towards the front where we were standing. Her whole demeanor was off and I could feel it. She looked as if she was distraught and couldn't even look me in the eyes. I tried to place my hand on her shoulder and she flinched moving away.

"Can we just get out of here," she whispered. I nodded and motioned my hand out for her to lead the way.

This a very short chapter, it could've been longer but that's all I got for you tonight. I will try to write Chapter 13 and publish it tomorrow also but we will see.