Chapter 2

2 weeks later

Shannon

Feeling myself get mad all over again, I blew out a breath

Feeling myself get mad all over again, I blew out a breath. Ms. Lisa had just fired me because I got into an altercation with Melanie. It wasn't my fault that she started with me which I told Ms. Lisa but I had still threw the first punch which caused me to get fired. This was the only job that I ever had and I would be losing a great amount of money from being fired. Tears fell down my face as I made my way to the only place I knew I could go at this moment, Elijah's Barbershop.

We had gotten closer over the past two weeks and I knew he was the only person that I could talk to. Pushing the door, I walked in seeing that he was dealing with a customer but his eyes had been on me as soon as I walked in. Hell, all eyes were on me and I was starting to feel uncomfortable. I was starting to think that I shouldn't have came here as I turned and slowly made my way out the shop.

Feeling somebody grab my arm, I already knew that it was Elijah. He pulled me by my waist and turned me around so that I was facing him. I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist pulling him closer to me. He held me tightly as I cried into his chest.

"Come on, let's go inside," he said letting me go and headed back into the barbershop. He held my hand pulling me all the way to the back where his office was at. We walked in and he closed the door behind us locking it. He went and sat us at the couch that is in here. "You wanna tell me what's wrong and why your lip bussed."

"I got into a fight at work and my boss fired me," I said once I calmed down but the tears were still falling. Elijah wiped the tears from my face kissing my cheek. "I don't know what imma do man. I've been saving money since I started working there so I could move out that apartment with my sister and mother. Now I just lost the job that was helping me do that."

"Well, it's a good thing that you have me then. You can work here for a little while until you find another job," he said shrugging his shoulders. I jumped in his arms kissing his cheeks several times thanking him. Calming down from my high, I realized that I was completely in his lap practically straddling him. I tried to get out his lap but he held me there. I looked up at him seeing an unreadable look on his face.

Moving my head forward slowly, my lips grazed his softly. He gripped the back of my head smashing his lips into mine. Our lips moved in sync roughly. Elijah gripped my ass causing me to gasp allowing him access inside my mouth. Our tongues wrestled for dominance but I eventually gave up allowing him to win. His lips moved to my neck where he lightly kissed it and then sucking hard on one spot knowing he was going to leave a hickey right there. I moaned softly into his ear causing him to stop.

"Why you'd stop," I whined into his ear then looked him in his eyes. They were filled with so much lust that it was scary actually.

"I'm not trying to fuck you in my office, Shannon. That's exactly what the fuck I was gonna do if I didn't stop just then," he said rubbing my thighs. His finger then rubbed across a spot on my neck. "I sucked the fuck out your neck, man."