Chapter 9

Shannon

Four Days Later

East Manhattan, New York

I woke up from my slumber hearing banging at my door. Looking over at my alarm clock that read 12:00 a.m., I rolled my eyes while trying to think about who could be at my door at this time. Only a few people actually knew where I stayed so I was kinda confused. I huffed as I made my way to the door looking out my peephole only to see that they had it covered. Furrowing my eyebrows, I moved to my closet in the hallway and grabbed my bat. Closing the door, I went back to the front door unlocking the door and opening it. Elijah's body fell from off the door and into my arms.

"Elijah, what are you doing here," I mumbled but he didn't respond to me. I heard him groan and smelled his breath that smelled of liquor. I rolled my eyes closing the door locking it and then placing the bat beside the door. Trying to move us into the living room, we eventually got there and I sat him on the couch. He slumped over on the couch looking up at me with sad eyes.

"Shannon," he croaked out grabbing at my hand trying to pull me on top of him. I gently pulled my hand from his and sat on my coffee table. "I want to apologize for what I said." I put my hand up not wanting to hear it.

"No need to apologize. You said the way you felt," I said. I didn't even want to hear him repeat what he said because it broke my heart but also held some truth in it.

"But me saying it made me lose you. I never wanted to hurt you, Shannon. So just let me apologize. I'm sorry for saying that maybe Derek deserved to die because I was so fucking jealous of yall relationship and that you were putting yourself in danger by still hanging out with him. I know that you can protect yourself and have me but I felt that you were too clouded by your feelings for him that it wouldn't matter. I'm so fucking sorry, Shannon." I nodded my head at him wiping the few tears that fell from my eyes.

"I accept your apology." He smiled at me trying to sit up on the couch but failing. "I really do accept your apology but you still fucked up because you went to Maya and don't tell that yall not fucking because I know you." He turned his gaze from mine and I got up from the table starting to walk away from him but he grabbed my hand stopping me.

"I know I fucked up but I do love you baby. I'm so fucking in love with you."

"That's good to know. You can sleep on the couch and there's blankets in the closet in the hallway. I'll see you in the morning. Get some sleep." I pulled away from him making my way inside my bedroom and closing the door. It took me awhile to fall asleep with thoughts clouding my mind but eventually went to sleep.

***

Hearing the alarm clock go off loudly, I smashed my hand against it turning it off

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Hearing the alarm clock go off loudly, I smashed my hand against it turning it off. I groaned not wanting to get up but I knew I had a photo and video shoot to do today so I got up. When I said I got a new job, I was modeling part time for this modeling agency called JAGMODELS while also going to school. I was making crazy money like $15,000 to $20,000 a shoot. I was also on a couple magazine covers which was even more money. Modeling is the way I could afford this apartment and car.