Chapter 15

The early morning rays of the sun filtered through the curtains to wash her beautiful face in repose. The sound of the waves in the distance were calmer than it was the previous night indicating the storm was long over.

He kissed her neck, light at first and then the kisses became more insistent as he heard her moan and his lips moved down to her collar bone, moving down to the center of her chest between her breasts. He continued kissing her down her flat abdomen until he dipped his tongue into her navel.

She woke as her body arched involuntarily, grasped a handful of his hair and pulled him up. She kissed his forehead, his eyes, his nose, before claiming his lips. Her fingernails dug into the hard muscles of his back and she slipped her tongue into his mouth to explore warm recesses.

His hand slipped down to her molten core, stroking her into readiness after which he quickly entered her in one smooth motion. She lifted her hips and matched his rhythm.

I love you!

Arnav woke up in a sweat as he realized he had been dreaming about the morning at the beach house when he had woken Khushi with kisses. Had she professed her love in the throes of passion or was it his dream?

He opened his eyes to see that he was in the Raizada house. He hadn't stayed here in very long while. The memories in this house was something he didn't wish to relive. Why he had agreed to stay in this house could probably attributed to the fact that his brain wasn't functioning well in the past couple of months. He showered and went down to breakfast and his heart skipped a beat when he saw a girl sitting at the dining table, her long hair falling down her back like a dark curtain. Khushi? As he went closer, she turned around to look at him. It was someone else.

"Come and sit down Arnav," His father called out to him.

Arnav saw his father seated in his usual spot at the head of the table, to his right sat Anjali and next to her was her husband Shyam.

The girl on his father's left had to be Lavanya Kashyap. As he took his seat next to her, his father confirmed it.

"Lavanya," Mr. Raizada said, "this is my son Arnav."

Lavanya was elegantly dressed in a semi-formal trouser and shirt. She was an attractive woman, well-groomed with not a hair out of place.

"Hi." Arnav said tersely.

"Hi – we have been talking about you," Lavanya said affably.

"Really?" Arnav didn't know why he had become the topic of the conversation, "there is nothing special about me."

"Not true!" Anjali exclaimed, "You know when he was a child, his school wanted to promote him to one class higher because he was brilliant."

"Di please!" Arnav was embarrassed by his sister's bluntness.

"But he didn't take that opportunity." Shyam pointed out.

"What was he going to do finishing education so fast?" his father asked, "it is not good for a child's mental health to push him beyond a certain level." He explained to Lavanya.

He was probably the only father in the world who would say something like that. The truth was that his step mom didn't want him to be promoted when her beloved son Akash was being asked to repeat a year in the 9th grade. That would have made them classmates even though there was a three-year age gap between them. His step mom had pulled them both out of the prestigious school and sent them to a school that was ordinary in comparison.

"Are you his older sister?" Lavanya asked jovially, "you look so young."

"I am older by three whole years," Anjali smiled, "you are not eating anything Lavanya."